Caravan Club Concessions for disabled

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Has anybody had dealings with the Caravan Club regarding concessions for the disabled ?.

My partner who's Son is disabled recently phoned the Caravan Club and was told "that there is NO concessions for the disabled of any kind. I find this rather confusing as I have heard from other people that the Club DO make concessions.

Can anybody throw any light on this?.

Many thanks

Nidge

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Nidge,

When Caravan Club members talk about consessions for the disabled i think you will find they are refering to being able to request a pitch as near to the loo block as possible.

When booking either on line or by telephone if a member of your party is disabled and has a Blue Badge then the Warden will make every effort to provide you with a pitch as near to the loo block as possible. I think the Blue Badge stipulation is new this year. I think i read about it when reading the rules section in this years handbook.

Hamer

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

If you mean that you get a reduction in the site fee then the answer is no. There are some pitches which are more suitable for people with disabilities, termed I think ' disabled pitch' which you can request, as has been mentioned. These tend to be near the toilet block. These pitches are really for people with mobility difficulties - ie can't walk very far.

There are disabled toilet and shower facilities on caravan club sites which are good. You need a RADAR key to be able to use them.

There are a number of us families who travel with family members who have disability, ranging right across the spectrum of disability ie learning disability, wheelchair users, autistic Spectrum disorders etc who do not go use ' disabled pitches'.

We do mention to the wardens on booking in that we have a child who has autistic spectrum disorder and explain ideally what sort of pitch we prefer, they then give us advice. To date they have been very good. If the site has been full and the last pitch isn't really ideal - eg next to the barrier, we've been able to move next day - not a problem.

Hope this helps. If you think I can be of any more help, please feel free to ask.

Annette

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Not all of the CC sites use the Radar key, on quite a few there is a regular type key which they will lend you.

In some cases you may have to leave a

G

The C&CC do offer financial concessions for various categories, and as we get the 'Age Concession' it is quite welcome. However, the CC doe not offer any financial concessions for anything, except children. It maybe feels it is above that sort of thing.

As mentioned both Clubs will try to accomodate individual requirements in terms of actual pitch etc and of course they all provide diabled washroom facilities. It is often a good idea they have separate keys for these rooms, as it has been known??? for some campers, especially elderly ladies who are definitely not disabled, to use them as they are more private and have a shower included. We have often seen them running??? across to the disabled toilet from their vans.

TRENDING THREADS