Caravan Club/Georeg Wimpey

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
We all know that due to continued popularity of our hobby it is becoming more difficult to book into Caravan Club and other sites and in the more popular areas near impossible. Also the growth of seasonal and static pithes is not helping.

So guess my surprise reading the March 2006 Caravan Club magazine page 35 a full half page advertisement from George Wimpey offering to purchase caravan sites for house building.

Is someone in the Caravan Club more interested in advertising revenue for the magazine and the club than the interest of members and instead perhaps looking into ways that they could purchase more sites for the benefit of members or are they not into the reality of the present situation.

Perhaps they should also look at the activity of the other main club in the successful efforts that they are putting in to get more sites on their network

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do agree and i intend to contact the caravan club and sugest that they change their advertising agents [Mcmillan-Scott plc]

Its rather like the the local brothel placig an add in the chuch magazine Coljac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do agree and i intend to contact the caravan club and sugest that they change their advertising agents [Mcmillan-Scott plc]

Its rather like the the local brothel placig an add in the chuch magazine Coljac
Although i do recall that last time i was in there i did find a copy of the church magazine on the table in the waiting room

Coljac

G

I agree it was probably not the smartest pieve of advertising on the CC's part. But money is money they will tell you.

I do also agree with the concerns regarding the development of seasonal pitches and statics etc. Not only do they reduce the number of pitches available to the rank and file tourer, sooner or later the great white hulk, Mr Deputy Prime Minister will decide that these constitute holiday homes and should be council taxed. I also thought you couldn't camp for more than 28 days in any one spot, so how do they get round that one?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Ah . . . . so that's where the vicar left it - he's the very devil for not returning borrowed mags.

Mike E

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The Caravan Club isn't a club for caravanners, it's an organisation driven solely by promotion of it's own financial interest.

The CC continually denies that it plans to privatise or float on the Stock Exchange but it does keep doing all the things that such an organisation would!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I don't know who owns the Caravan Club. I'd like to think that it's us the members but as it's a limited company I'm not so sure.

If you look at the balance sheet and divide net assets by the number of members, we'd all get a tidy windfall if they did float. Any value for "goodwill" would further increase that amount.

G

Unfortunately, I don't think the CC is run as a mutual society. Although we are all members that will not give us any rights of ownership, so don't hold your breath on any rewards. I suspect that when push comes to shove the assets will be devolved to some government organisation for the good of all??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have E mailed the caravan club and asked them why ?the george wimpey advert .

Who owns the caravan club ?

are there any share holders of the caravan club Ltd ?

If i get a reply or any answers i will let you know

Coljac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts