caravan club prices.

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
See the caravan club are joining the band wagon of ripping people off when the kids are off school. Beechwood grange site at york is charging £7-30 per adult and £9-10 per pitch £ 2-60 per child, as from monday when the kids are back at school guess what, £5-40 per adult and £6-30 per pitch and £1-60 for kids, i wanted to take my grandkids away for the weekend but at £ 34-10 a night thought better of it and got a better deal at butlins where the had alot more to offer the grandkids.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is supply and demand, prices are highest when demand is highest and that is a fact of life. The increase is inevitable as the prices have to reflect demand.

May 15, 2007
Visit site
if its inevitable why do cl sites stay the same price, i know they are privatly owned but they are not there to rip of the campers, caravaning is not a cheap holiday anymore , but as long as caravaners are willing to pay stupid money prices will continue to go up. As has been said , vote with your feet, eventualy they will get the message.

Bid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
CL are starting to charge more. We have looked at a number of cl sites this year and although £15 per night is the norm some have charged £20 per night whilst others are now charging for extras like dogs and awnings. I have also seen some sights starting to charge separate for Electricty!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree that some CLs are starting to charge more but I do notice that quite a number now show hard standing, EHU, shower wc etc so clearly they are responding to demand, but whether they too willl meet customer resistance remains to be seen. As far as CC charging more at peak times I cannot believe that anyone wouldnt realise that to be the case, but so do all other holiday providers such as package tour providers, cottages, Eurocamp, gites etc. As was said above its supply and demand. I feel sorrry for parents unable to take children out of school as they are forced into peak time prices wherever they go. My father refused to take peak time holidays and as a result we had a holiday every summer. Well for one exception; when I did my GCEs Mum and Dad left me at home to look after myself while they went to Ilfacombe. Exams in the mornings and booze etc in the afternoons/evening as I recall; outcome very satisafctory!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Absolutely if the prices is too high then don't use the site. No one is forcing you. Ultimately either the charges will drop or the site will close.
I am not defending excessive charges but its easy to jump to the conclusion that rising prices are a rip off. But even running a CL does cost the owner money and its not only reasonable but essential for any business to budget and charge to make a proffit.
In so many cases until you are directly involved in a type of business you may not be fully aware of all the costs you need to cover. It would be interesting see what the real costs of running a site are, also are there seasonal differences which might account for seasonal charging.
Given our current economic conditions make it almost inevitable that over time costs will rise. For a business that has traditionaly made a substantive profit, they can with stand the ravages of inflation for longer, before finding it necessary to raise charges, where as a lean operation has less scope to offset costs and so may need to raise prices sooner.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Some time back there was a forum topic about why the C&CC charged extra when schoolchildren were on holiday so I asked the C&CC why this is so.
They replied that the prices charged during high season were the normal pitch prices and that that cheaper pitch prices at other times were discounted prices. I presume that the CC would say pretty much the same thing.
smiley-undecided.gif

This means that members of the two main clubs must take into account the high prices when joining the clubs unless, like me and many others, you are happy to use certified sites which tend to keep the same lower prices at all times.
Another option would be to try rallying which allows families to use their caravan to it's full potential for quick friendly weekend breaks at rock bottom prices without travelling for miles.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
If we were to use the CC site in Malvern from Thursday to Sunday (3 nights) this weekend the cost is just over £70 for the 2 of us or just over £23 per night. There are quite a number of vacancies at the moment and more will occur if the weather does not change.
The following weekend also for 3 nights the charge is £47.65 or just under £16 a night. However if we book three nights during the week the cost is £41.55 or £13.85 per night. The latter two prices are more reasonable however we use a CL about a mile away which has toilet, water etc and the cost is £10 per night and yopu have the option of grass or hardstanding. We have voted with our feet!

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
during my time with both clubs, I have found that the Fees have always been more than marginally less than the commercial sites. and CLs in both clubs have progressed immensely in their facities, The clubs also keep the standards very high and lets face it the magazine is worth the membership alone.
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sadly in these poor economic times with high fuel costs nothing is for nothing anymore.
We use a wide range of sites from CLs to Commercials. Generally I find the CC sites reasonably priced but I can see how the costs escalate with the addition of 4 children who all I daresay make good use of the onsite facilities.
I'd hate to see pay as you go toilets and showers again
smiley-laughing.gif

A while back the CC published their annual accounts. These make very interesting reading and probably demonstrate site charges on the whole are keenly priced.
We do get 16 amp electric of course and , yes , I like the magazine plus access to all the fringe benefits like insurance .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have just booked 5 nights in April at CC Cirencester Park for £72.60 on a standard pitch with EHU and awning. At less than £15pn thats good value. First outing this year as van had a 8 amp discharge from the battery with everything switched off! Took some finding but local my service dealer came up trumps this last week.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
Have just booked 5 nights in April at CC Cirencester Park for £72.60 on a standard pitch with EHU and awning. At less than £15pn thats good value. First outing this year as van had a 8 amp discharge from the battery with everything switched off! Took some finding but local my service dealer came up trumps this last week.
Where the 8 amps going??

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
An short between the fridge, battery and car charging circuits within internal wiring chafed. With fresh battery and everything switched off van's voltmeter read 11.25 volts.

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't think the club prices are that bad, me and my wife are heading to Isle of Wight soon and for 10 nights its £199 which to me isn't that bad. I also think the club is good for discounts as we have saved lots of money on the ferry.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got back today from the CC saites at White Water Park and Beechwood Grange where we were paying around £20 per night which we can live with but are watching their prices. Coming back the weather was blowing us everywhere and stopped last night at CC site Englethwaite Hall for £12.10 although that site has no toilet block but you would not have wanted to walk to it anyway. The CC have several good sites without toilet blocks and if you can manage without show a useful saving.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts