Caravan Heater

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I have a Abbey Aventura 318. 2006 Great caravan. But just got a
Major problem with it. My truma heater started making a noise and then tripped. So I turned the heater too off position and flicked the trip switch on the isolator back up. As soon as I did this, a spark came out of the space heater switch then it tripped the isolator again. I thought this May be because I had it on 1000w so I turned the thermostat off and I left it a minute. I made sure the ultraheat thermostat on the wall was on the off position and flicked the switch in the cupboard marked "space heater" to the on position and it sparked and tripped straight away. It has me concerned as now I have no heater and no explanation. And sparks are never a good sign.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tom

Sorry to read your problem. My advice is to get the heater looked at by a Truma Service Agent (Most Mobile or caravan dealers) As the Truma heater is a gas appliance only qualified fitters with access to the regulatory test equipment should attempt removal and repairs.

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi john. That makes sense. Just trying to see if it's something simple first. I don't use the gas on the heater just the electric. Just very strange how it has randomly occurred.

Tom

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Tom4002 said:
Just very strange how it has randomly occurred.

Tom

Nothing strange about it at all. All electrical/electronic devices have a random failure pattern and they could fail next week, next year or next 10 years. In industry that's why components have a predicted failure rate based on Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Where do you actually store the offending caravan. It has been known for mice etc to nibble through cables, and thereby cause a short.

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I can't see it being mice as I actually live in my caravan Monday to Friday working away. I think I it's a short circuit. But il need to investigate.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Whilst you are waiting to sort out the mains problem you could use the heater on gas. That all works on the 12 volt side. On the electrical side could the heater element have failed. The element might have broken and causing the tube cover to be live hence the spark and trip going. Don't forget that when you use it on gas for the first time for a long time it will smell as the dust burns off- no reflection on the cleaner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts