Caravan Recall

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Just received a recall letter from Swift regarding something to do with the lower front bulkhead installation (don't know what the problem is exactly).Seems to be according to your chassis number - not sure if date of manufacture also figures in the recall.
Apparently they will come out to where the van is located and give it a 15/30 minute examination to decide if remedial work is necessary.
If a remedy is required they will arrange transport of van to a dealers.
At the moment we've given suitable dates for the engineer to come and examine the van and await reply from Swift.
Does anyone know what the problem is ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Goodness me a caravan maker initiating a recall type system. Whatever next. Joking apart full marks to Swift. Be interested in feedback when you find out what the problem may be.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just received a recall letter from Swift regarding something to do with the lower front bulkhead installation (don't know what the problem is exactly).Seems to be according to your chassis number - not sure if date of manufacture also figures in the recall.
Apparently they will come out to where the van is located and give it a 15/30 minute examination to decide if remedial work is necessary.
If a remedy is required they will arrange transport of van to a dealers.
At the moment we've given suitable dates for the engineer to come and examine the van and await reply from Swift.
Does anyone know what the problem is ?
Do be wary about the the manufacturer arranging transport to the repair centre, Double check they're not going to charge you as warranty transport costs are normally excluded from the Manufacturers liability.

Last edited:

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The problem is that the front lower bulkhead has become detached in some vans, allowing the front to move about.

As far as I am aware , not all vans are affected which is why Swift want an inspection before deciding if a particular van needs to be fixed by a workshop.

From the information I have the repair involves some wedges, a lot of screws and mastic.

May 25, 2022
Visit site
Please be aware this is not only a problem on 2017 vans, I have a 2018 challenger with same problem but is being covered under warranty!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Do be wary about the the manufacturer arranging transport to the repair centre, Double check they're not going to charge you as warranty transport costs are normally excluded from the Manufacturers liability.
From the blog this does not seem to be a problem. It is a safety related issue so presumably Swift have to provide the transport.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts