Caravan Storage

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Our caravan is in storage , seems this winter somehow a skylight blew off (we do have insurance) can we claim from the storage sight instead of or insurance company. virtually the whole of the inside is a right off

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
chrisneh said:
Our caravan is in storage , seems this winter somehow a skylight blew off (we do have insurance) can we claim from the storage sight instead of or insurance company. virtually the whole of the inside is a right off

I have for a long time advocated that storage sits should carry some liability if the facilities they provide fail to protect the property you leave with them. Sadly it seems sites are not held liable for the quality of security they provide, which is strange because that is what many sites seem to be selling.

However the issue you have is your skylight has been dislodged. Unless this is a direct result of negligence on the part of the site operator, in their contractual duties then I don't think you have any claim against the site.

Its most likely you did not close it properly when you left it, or its the result of natural causes.

Sorry for the bad news

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If it blew off it is nothing to do with the site operator and unless other people had the same problem it sounds as if you did not secure it correctly. Not sure how much it will cost to repair but I would check thisfirst to see if it is worth losing any bonus you have on your policy. The policy will require prompt notification of the claim however so you will need to make your mind up quickly.
As the Prof says you can only claim off the site operator if he is negligent and this is clearly not the case.
I do not see why operators should be automatically liable and if implemented it would increase storage costs and leave operators open tp fraudulent claims.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts