Caravanners Representation

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Given the large number of caravanners, don't you think it's strange that we have very little in the way of programmes regarding our hobbie.

Also, apart from the various owners clubs, the only choice of clubs is the CC or the CC&C.

Would the market place take another magazine? one with more content & less adverts!

Whats your view?

GeorgeB

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
The magazines about struggle to come up with something innovative as it is !

As for TV....what content do you suggest ?

A tour of various layouts ?

There isn't really too much to talk about !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Rioja.

I think a TV programme about caravans would have a limited audience, after all, we do it for real.

As for another magazine. No way. With due respect even to Practical Caravan, the ones currently on sale have nothing very exciting to read (which is why a lot of us have cancelled subscriptions), and are mostly full of constantly repetitive advertisements which of course pays for them.

The CC and CC&C don't appeal to a lot of people. A lot of caravanners just like their own peace and quiet and freedom to caravan where they choose.

The CC in particular seems to aim its publicity at the 'more well heeled' caravanner with the new van and the big car to pull it, Saga and all the rest of it. Unfortunately MOST older people actually have to watch the pennies, so it certainly wouldn't encourage US to join. Too expensive, and some of their sites have been absolutely panned this year in these columns, so maybe standards aren't too good either?? Who knows.

The beauty of a forum like this is that it lets us all have a reasonable voice to discuss, evaluate and make decisions on our wonderful hobby....to suit our needs, our financial circumstances, and our interests.

It's the BEST thing that Practical Caravan provide.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Roja too.

The last progamme said it all. Developed and sponsored by a caravan dealership down the M5, with an amateur presenter who hadn't got a scooby doo about what he was talking about with tow cars and several other things.

It was probably that which propted the three muscateer's Clarkson, May and Hamster to take the micky.

I'd rather be out on site having fun than watching Cr*p on an over priced and licensed TV.

Steve L.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Having seen the "Caravaning programme" on Sky, if you're calling it amateurish.....................then you've got a ?##? high opinion of it, it was the biggest load of cr#p I've had the misfortune to endure! (only once, & then not all the way through, felt like I was loosing the will to live, just where did they get that presenter from?).

Thats what prompted my topic, there used to be a half reasonable programme on Sky home & leisure, but where's that gone?

As for the mags, could'nt agree more!

As for the 2 clubs, could'nt agree more!

The forum is great, pity about the morons who only want a slanging match, & why is the moderator so quick to remove anything that could be of interest to the rest of us, if one of us has good or bad service from a manufacturer, a dealer,accessory supplier, insurance company, I for one want to know about it as it could well influence my purchasing decision.

George

TRENDING THREADS