Carnon Downs Caravan Park

May 29, 2006
Visit site
Can you hear the traffic on all the pitches on this site? I know its quite near a busy main road and would have trouble sleeping if I can hear traffic all night! Looks a lovely site though. Thanks Mandy

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Stayed there earlier this year. I would say we had a pitch nearest the road and experienced no road noise whatsoever. But I think the pitches are nicer the further into the site you go.

May 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mandy,

We have been to carnon Downs many times.

If you look on their website you will see that they have a diagram of the layout under 'Our Park'.

The ones with the loudest noise from the main road are in 'yellow' and round by reception.

We have stopped on these pitches but, due to the noise, prefer the section called 'Jubilee' In fact Jubilee pitch 4 is where we are likely to be found when we are down there!

The noise of the road is not horrendous but is a lot more pronounced in the sections mentioned above so go for one of the others if it likely to be an issue. It wouldn't stop us going though.

Absolutely nothing to criticize at Carnon Downs apart from it being hard to book as it is so popular!

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Mar 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mandy,

We have been to carnon Downs many times.

If you look on their website you will see that they have a diagram of the layout under 'Our Park'.

The ones with the loudest noise from the main road are in 'yellow' and round by reception.

We have stopped on these pitches but, due to the noise, prefer the section called 'Jubilee' In fact Jubilee pitch 4 is where we are likely to be found when we are down there!

The noise of the road is not horrendous but is a lot more pronounced in the sections mentioned above so go for one of the others if it likely to be an issue. It wouldn't stop us going though.

Absolutely nothing to criticize at Carnon Downs apart from it being hard to book as it is so popular!

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve
Stayed at this site last month in Carnon Yellow close to the shower's, best we have ever seen, there was some road noise but we didn't find it to intrusive. One of the best site's we have stayed on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts