CC Sites or CL's in North Wales wanted

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We've never been to North Wales. What CC sites or CL's would you recommend?

We would prefer an open site, with coastal or countryside views and our only requirement is that it must have electric hook-up & a wc.

Our main hobbies are walking and birdwatching.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
m-o-w

Have a look at www.bronderw-wales.co.uk/touring-caravan-sites.html This is a small commercial site, with a CL alongside just up the hill. All hardstanding with EHU. Toilet and shower available. Good views, very quiet, a few minutes walk to LLanwrst. Bodnant Gardens (NT) 20 minutes away.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
m-o-w

Have a look at www.bronderw-wales.co.uk/touring-caravan-sites.html This is a small commercial site, with a CL alongside just up the hill. All hardstanding with EHU. Toilet and shower available. Good views, very quiet, a few minutes walk to LLanwrst. Bodnant Gardens (NT) 20 minutes away.
.............also have a look on ukcampsites.co.uk For Bronderw, search for Bron Derw

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
For coastal walks and birding try anywhere in Anglesey. It's all pretty flat and there are some super beaches.There are two CC club sites there.

For hill walking Beddgelert FC site or there's also a private one there too.Not too far from Porthmadog and the Ospreys.

There is a new MUC CC site at Betws Y Coed which is an excellent walking base and position for going in many directions.

Ffestiniog CC club site is pretty well placed as well.

The Lleyn Peninsula again has some superb beaches, coastal footpaths and places like Bardsey Island, a birding mecca, to visit.

The only thing I would say is that in Snowdonia it is more likely to rain than on the coast

Dec 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi MoW

My wife comes from Llanwrst and we have used the Bodnant and Bronderw sites.

For me Bronderw has it everytime. It started out as a CC CL when we first started to use it back in the early 1980s but has since developed a small (I think 20 vans) commercial site next to it with fully serviced pitches. Because of the way it is set up the commercial site does not impinge on the enjoyment of the CL.

Bronderw is a little further out of town than Bodnant and is off of the main road. It has access via lanes to some good walks but Snowdonia NP begins on the other side of the river 10 min walk.

Regards

Barking

http://www.bronderw-wales.co.uk/index.html

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Meals on Wheels

There is a really good CL on the Llyn Peninsula at Tudweiliog near Nefyn - It is under listed under Mrs M E Williams, Pant Gwyn in the C.C. book. It has EHU's, Toilet and shower that are very clean. It is close to the coast and can see sea from site. TV reception is OK with directional aerial. Can walk along the coast and see seals or go other way along coast to sandy beach. Plenty of places to visit in area - don't tell any one else about this

Might see you there as hoping to visit a couple of times this year

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts