CCC Club site prices

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just spent 2 days on a CCC Club site. We are an OAP couple with a 2 berth van.
We were charged over £30 per night!
Yes, it's high season and the site was very good but it wasn't perfect and today, many commercial sites are at least as good.but charge considerably less.
It seems to me that the Club is losing touch with it's members and is driven by a greedy desire to maximise profits instead of looking after it's members' interests.
Yes, I should have voted with my feet when I knew the price being asked. I'll certainly do that in future.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
And, another thing - just to add insult to injury, they wanted to charge extra for wi fi!
What planet do they live on?
It was interesting to see that the site was very far from full during what is the height of the season.

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
Keswick CCC site in a couple of weeks, 14 nights for 2 of us and one child, £560..... would have been even more if we weren't members. Sadly it's the best located site in the area and always fully booked.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
A lot of the CCC sites have upgraded their facilities which I suppose inevitably means higher nightly rates.
CCC wif-fi is a bit of joke with the extra charge and the unreliable service.
That said, I do like their sites that I have visited and think they need to remain competitive with their pricing otherwise they will lose out to commercial sites which offer similar facilities at better prices

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Club sites may have upgraded some of their sites but that does not mean that price rises are inevitable.
Perhaps the Club ought to be looking at reducing their costs and using the savings to pay for up-grading.
Why can some commercial sites with similar standards plus free wi fi, make a profit whilst charging less than the Club?
I always thought that the Club was run for the benefit of its members but I don't see much evidence of that today.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I think CL's are good value, but for £14.00 a night on a CL I would want running H&C showers, hard standing, a service pitch + free WI-FI and somebody to walk the dog,

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
camel said:
I think CL's are good value, but for £14.00 a night on a CL I would want running H&C showers, hard standing, a service pitch + free WI-FI and somebody to walk the dog,

Tell us where 1 of those is please.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
camel said:
KS,
Not exactly with all those facilities but still a very high standard is one of the CL's in the Horncastle area, :)

But not near a major event at a country house on a school summer holiday weekend :p Oh I forgot, down in the effluent South near a Red Brick University city, so all in all the £14 per night is acceptable.

We use CL's a fair bit. As we are tied to school holidays. £14 is about the going rate. Near big cities we have got hard standings and water tap to pitch, grey water in the hedge. Near theme parks, hard standings and separate WC. Have paid more for less in some too.

Off season we use a commercial site in the New Forest. Fully serviced pitch, hard standing, H&C Showers if required, but we have on board washroom, which with water supply and drainage is excellent; leisure facilities including indoor pool, for £18 per night.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
KS,
I don't mind going down to the effluent South if I can find it, more like the rip off south, I paid £7.10 in Bridport for a pint and a half of Fosters a few weeks ago, they saw me coming, I had my best clogs on and mi bib and brace overalls, I'm never going out dressed up again down south, :p

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
camel said:
KS,
I don't mind going down to the effluent South if I can find it, more like the rip off south, I paid £7.10 in Bridport for a pint and a half of Fosters a few weeks ago, they saw me coming, I had my best clogs on and mi bib and brace overalls, I'm never going out dressed up again down south, :p

Ha ha, wait till you go to Cornwall, then you'll know wot being ripped off as a grockle is like. We paid £63 for 3x fish & chips in Padstein. Our local chippy is £10.80.

We have a fridge in our caravan that holds chilled wine, & tonic to go with MrsP's gin. Fresh meat on the Cadac, caramelised onions & peppers, in the fresh country air. That's wot this caravanning lark is about, not getting ripped off.

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Cx my membership last year for that very reason. Now using sites I find on the web. Next week we shall be at an adult only site in Cornwall near Breage for a short break. One of the best sites I have been to. Fully serviced pitches on hardstandings and inc wifi £26 per.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
KS,
I thought you would of know better than having fish and chips in Ricks Chippy, last time I went to Cornwall I sat in this pub in the wrong seat in Truro, this local said he was sick of foreigners,

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
camel said:
KS,
I thought you would of know better than having fish and chips in Ricks Chippy, last time I went to Cornwall I sat in this pub in the wrong seat in Truro, this local said he was sick of foreigners,

Ricks chippy had to be done :p A week later at aCAMC site with a travelling chip van £14, and tastier and more. But once on each trip we play the grockle. :p :p

Bet the local paid less for his beer :p :p

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Always use cl's and cs's unless given vouchers for club sites. If you go down the solar panel route with just an elsan point and fresh water the £5-£6 per night is nearer the mark.

Grockles and Emmets should pay more when they're daft enough to. Stick to where locals go and you're sorted.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Always use cl's and cs's unless given vouchers for club sites. If you go down the solar panel route with just an elsan point and fresh water the £5-£6 per night is nearer the mark.

Grockles and Emmets should pay more when they're daft enough to. Stick to where locals go and you're sorted.

Have you actually been caravanning recently or are you still stuck in the 1970's :lol: :lol:
Best you let us all know where these £5-£6 per night sites are ;) ;) :whistle:

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Four years ago 3 miles outside Dartmouth was a fiver a night. Can't see it going up as just a field. Carsington Water and one on the edge of Dalby Forest. To name but three. :p

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
We can pay up to £50 a night with four of use - we would expect a heated pool for that as well.

Don't forget that CCC really is a club and therefore is mutual - that is, all profits are re-invested into back the club for the benefit of members.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Cheapest CS's we have come across (Central & SE England) are £8.50. That's for a basic field site with just a tap and CDP. Most are now £12-15, and that may or may not include EHU. Many of the prices quoted in Club listings are hopelessly out of date .....and of course are always 'from'.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you look at the charges for sites in an area as published in the magazine you will find that the club ones are about average. Yes they do show cheaper ones but there are also a lot far more expensive. The cheaper ones tend to be family run and do not have the overheads and staff hours legislation to worry about and strict observance of some legal points might be missing. Basically a small family site can almost always undercut the clubs and corporate sites and if you think the clubs are expensive Sandy Balls is shown as £55 per night for two in mid summer.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just outside York on the A64 and also the cycle path runs past the gate into York or on to Selby, C&CM CL £6 a night (April 2017), water tap and toilet empty point. Hardstanding for winter using the fishing lake car park large, grass field other times.

33866433876_389f9f64ca_c.jpg

We now use the C&CC Temporary Holiday Sites, big savings, more outings, longer stays.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Commercial site near Margate Kent in Mid June at £5.50/ night (with no EHU)
Good toilet complex, site shop, bar, 24 hr. site security..........there are still bargains :)

Birchington%20Vale_zps1866y9yp.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts