Chateau de Galinee Brittany

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi
We are going to Brittany this summer and are wanting to get booked up asap. After a lot of research we like the look of the above site can anyone give us an idea of what the site is like any issues or advice about it before we book. Also we will be sailing into St Malo which is apparently about 22 miles from the site can anyone tell me what the roads are like getting to there as we have quite a large tourer so advice on access and roads would be welcomed. Advice and opinions appreciated.
Many Thanks!

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi Francis, we went there last July and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The pool was good, take away adequate the restaurant and shop were very good. A clean well run site albeit I thought the pitches were a bit tight (we have a twin axle Avondale). The access roads were fine, follow the directions in the brochure. Try not to arrive at 12 noon or you'll have a two hour wait whilst they do lunch! A lot of Dutch and German people holiday there aswell as a few Brits but English spoken where you need it. We'd go back, go for it!
Phil

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi
We've stayed here twice but it was over 5 years ago, before the indoor pool was added. We travelled from Caen, which took about 2 hours, as it was a cheaper crossing than St Malo which is about 22 miles away as you say. From St Malo the most direct route is over the Rance estuary and along the D168 towards Ploubalay, can't remember any major issues with the route. From the D786 heading towards Matignon the site is on your left and was well signed. Access from the main road was straightforward, pitches varied in size and some were very shaded. On our second visit I'd asked for a sunny pitch but ended up on the main alley under the trees on very shaded pitch...we moved the next morning to a much larger sunny pitch nearer the static vans. If you go in August it is probably best to arrive just before lunch as all the pitches were fillng quickly each day until after the 15th. Entertainment was low key and only once or twice a week, overall it was a fairly quiet site, lovely pool - trunks only then, clean loo blocks with seperate male/female. St Cast is small but pleasant with a few shops, several places to eat and lovely beaches. Pen Guen was our favourite, about 3 miles from the site with a parking area, supermarkets are just up the road at Matignon. We visited Mont St Michel, Dinan, Fort la Latte, St Malo, Lamballe (for Karting) Cap Frehel. Love the area, would go again and if I could get a sunny pitch would stay at Galinee again as the location is great for visiting that area. Our friends stayed at Le Chatelet on the coast and liked it but I'm a bit of a wimp if it gets windy and prefer more sheltered sites. Have you looked at google maps to see if the route is on street view, you can look at the satellite pictures of the area too.

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi Francis,
I stayed at this site in August last year and found it a great site. The road from St Malo is fine and the site is easy to find, being well signposted from the main road.
We booked a fully serviced pitch, which was huge and well worth the small extra cost. The swimming pools are good, although a strict rule regarding the type of male swimming shorts is enforced by a 'jobsworth' attendant. The onsite shop was well stocked and the takeaway was adequate.
The site is in a good location for sightseeing and close to some wonderful beaches. We would certainly use this site again.
Hope this helps
Regards Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts