Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
As some of you may know, I have been struggling to get my Thetford C2 toilet to work... now it is!!! Yippee! But I don't know what chemicals to put in.. I do know that:

A. You fill the clean water tank with fresh tap water and some 'stuff'

B. You put a couple of litres of water in the waste tank and some 'stuff'

But what is the stuff, I was in go outdoors today and there were dozens of bottles of 'stuff'... and the assistants were not very helpful!

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Matthew

in reply to your question water tank takes flush fluid and waste is the other one in our house we remember blue for bottom other colours available then follow instructions on the bottle hope this helps Ann

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Matthew

There are many toilet chemicals on the market,it might be best to use one which does not contain formaldehyde.

Have a look at the range and prices at Towsure Here

The pink fluid is for the flushing tank and the Green or Blue for the holding tank.

Alternatively you can use Top & Tail by Fenwicks

The same fluid is used in both tanks.

All of these products are available from caravan accessory shops or Halfords.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Matthew, get yourself a bottle of onechem, and you can use this for both top and bottom. It is approx a tenner a bottle, but it does upto 40 doses, so it works out to be very ecomomica. We started using it last year, and are still on the same bottle. It works for us, Cheers, Roy

Mar 21, 2007
Visit site
The one chem advert is misleading in the way it uses the dosage info--there are 40 measures to a bottle but you need 7 or 8 doses for the average toilet system---this gives you a cost of at leased

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Blue Bio works wonders, for 7.99 you get a whole 1 litre bottle, it is chemical free, fully enviro safe eco friendly, up to 50 doses per bottle, it is a 2in 1 product so no need to use 2 products saving space and money and the environment. www.bluiebio.co.uk is the site and you can find out where to buy it there along with the winning awards and soem test results to show it works better the thetfords!

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi Matthew

There are many toilet chemicals on the market,it might be best to use one which does not contain formaldehyde.

Have a look at the range and prices at Towsure Here

The pink fluid is for the flushing tank and the Green or Blue for the holding tank.

Alternatively you can use Top & Tail by Fenwicks

The same fluid is used in both tanks.

All of these products are available from caravan accessory shops or Halfords.
Blue Bio is safe and contains no chemicals, it works wonders, no smell, no fuss easy to use, blue dye is food grade, it washes out, contains a lubricant to help service life of plumbing/pumps etc, and is fully green eco friendly, www.bluebio.co.uk is the home site try it you won't use anything else ever again!

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi All, I posted on this subject a couple of weeks ago and it would seem that some of the sites will no t allow the blue bottom tank chemical.

Parksy is right and the use of a no fermaldahyde product is the way forward

There is a choice of products,available top and tail is one but we didnt like smell of it .

I hope this helps .

Sir Roger

Mar 21, 2007
Visit site
sir rog, you will no doubt be aware that Fenwicks are continually improving their products and have changed the strength of TOP&TAIL making it the most cost effective and user friendly of all the GREEN formaldehyde FREE toilet fluids, this was one of the main reasons HALFORDS started stocking it.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi James Roger,please do not misunderstand mypost ,I was mearly stating we didnt like the smell of the Fenwicks product ,I have no problems ith Fenwicks products atal and I have to say When we used topand tail it was when it first arrived. on the market.

So I hope that post didnt offend anybody.

Sir Roger

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Matthew

I just use the cheapest chemical i can buy, for both top and bottom tank, pink for the top tank, blue for the bottom.

If its not safe, it should not be on sale.

The real issue is the continuing dumping of raw sewage into both our rivers and the sea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts