Christmas v Next years summer holiday

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
let me think

next year we're off to the dominican republic (no Van) and then have all of the summer to go away at weekends or for a whole week or two

Xmas I am working from 10pm xmas eve until 6am xmas day

I reckon I'll say its the holidays I'm looking forward to most

:)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Just this minute come off the phone from booking up 3 dates. Nine days in March in Cornwall and 2 Bank Hols, one locally at Pembridge and another at Canalside Caravan Site, Whitchurch. Ive still to book 1 week at Clumber Park, and 6 days at each of the following .... Low Manesty-Cumbria, Berwick on Tweed and Bolton Abbey- Yorkshire. Once I've got those sorted I can start booking the weekends then :O) hate wishing my life away but I cant wait for Spring.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morning your lordship (touching forelock).Where are you going in Pembridge? Herself and I have been using The Leen CL for about 16yrs now, and have held 4 Royale club rallies there. As you can tell, we rather like Pembridge!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thats where I have just booked emmerson, its only about 12 miles from me but I didn't know it existed until I saw it on http://www.5van.co.uk/ It must be ok if you've been using it 16 years :O) The owner seemed quite laid back, didn't even require a deposit, neither did the site in Cornwall for 9 days.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

I am one of those miserable bu**ers who hates Christmas. It's not so much the day itself as we have a young family and so Christmas day is fun, but the fact it starts around September and just seems an endless slog till the day.

To that end I will glad to see the back of it and start planning breaks for the spring.

It doesn't help either that I have just purchased a classic car. It's a soft top so at the moment it's under wraps in the garage waiting for fine weather.

I always think hibernating seems a good idea

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

I am one of those miserable bu**ers who hates Christmas. It's not so much the day itself as we have a young family and so Christmas day is fun, but the fact it starts around September and just seems an endless slog till the day.

To that end I will glad to see the back of it and start planning breaks for the spring.

It doesn't help either that I have just purchased a classic car. It's a soft top so at the moment it's under wraps in the garage waiting for fine weather.

I always think hibernating seems a good idea
I hate Christmas Day for a different reason Martyn, its my birthday and it means I'm another year older :O(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B which Bank Holiday are you at the Leen? It's a magical place. Almost all the people who use are regulars of years standing. Peace, quiet, the river bubbling along in the background.... I must book for the spring!

On another subject, I need to be in Leominster at 9am wednesday. I'm near Abergavenny.How long is it likely to take to get thru@ Hereford?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B which Bank Holiday are you at the Leen? It's a magical place. Almost all the people who use are regulars of years standing. Peace, quiet, the river bubbling along in the background.... I must book for the spring!

On another subject, I need to be in Leominster at 9am wednesday. I'm near Abergavenny.How long is it likely to take to get thru@ Hereford?
Omg emmerson its awful at that time of day, the traffic is often as far as Belmont Abbey if you know where that is (2 miles from Hereford) and unfortunately theres no way around it. Wednesday is market day too, the sooner they build a market outside the city the better. If I was doing that trip I would aim to get to Hereford about 7.45 then it might not be so bad. You might have 30 minutes to kill in Leominster though. Going to the Leen early Spring B/H.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I shall be starting to make my next years booking with the CC on Thursday.

We've already organised two weeks in June, we're not sure where to go with our three weeks Aug/Sept - thinking about Ireland, but that could change to Austria!!

I just wish it was 6th Jan - then Christmas would be over!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

We've already organised two weeks in June, we're not sure where to go with our three weeks Aug/Sept - thinking about Ireland, but that could change to Austria!!

Here! Here! Wendy but trouble is for me Jan & Feb are the two worse months of the year, I'm always glad to see the back of them , brrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrr!

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Me too Lord B - I'm wearing my "quite depressed" hat at the moment, by the end of Feb I shall be bald through having pulled my hair out!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Me too Lord B - I'm wearing my "quite depressed" hat at the moment, by the end of Feb I shall be bald through having pulled my hair out!!
heheheh! thats why I have to stay on the computer or at least doing something, if I sit down to read or watch tv within minutes I'm dozing off. I'm sure in a past life I was a squirrel and I'm going into hibernation mode.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
heheheh! thats why I have to stay on the computer or at least doing something, if I sit down to read or watch tv within minutes I'm dozing off. I'm sure in a past life I was a squirrel and I'm going into hibernation mode.
OH is exactly the same - sits down in the evening to "watch TV" ten minutes later he's asleep. If I turn the telly off "Oi I was watching that!!" Yer right..LOL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just this minute come off the phone from booking up 3 dates. Nine days in March in Cornwall and 2 Bank Hols, one locally at Pembridge and another at Canalside Caravan Site, Whitchurch. Ive still to book 1 week at Clumber Park, and 6 days at each of the following .... Low Manesty-Cumbria, Berwick on Tweed and Bolton Abbey- Yorkshire. Once I've got those sorted I can start booking the weekends then :O) hate wishing my life away but I cant wait for Spring.
To his gracious Lordship !!

I am concerned that your staff do not have enough to occupy them....particularly at this time of year.Why are you working so hard to book all your holidays yourself......they are employed to do this for you.Methinks they have a very easy time in your household!!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
To his gracious Lordship !!

I am concerned that your staff do not have enough to occupy them....particularly at this time of year.Why are you working so hard to book all your holidays yourself......they are employed to do this for you.Methinks they have a very easy time in your household!!!
I dont work my maids too hard Maureen for services rendered :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Going Christmas and New Year in the UK, but still look forward to France, can't wait for this holiday Have already booked for 2006 for May then September Happy Holiday Andy

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We like to take it easy over Christmas and spend the time with the children when they come to visit us, so we're staying at home for the holidays. But we're looking forward to doing some offroading in Oman in the New Year (of course without the caravan) and, as prospective retirees, we'll be touring the UK with the caravan after that.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Anyone will recognise me when passing because of the Braykewynde coat of arms on the sides of the caravan. The coat of arms consist of 2 stags rampant standing adjacent to a stagnant methane pond. You will also see a coachman sat on a specially designed seat on the back of the van followed by 2 footmen bringing up the rear wheeling the Aqua Roll and Wastemaster. There will be no need for you peasants to touch your forelocks in my passing but be appreciative if I give you my regal wave. :O)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
We not throat were to go yet in the new years. By the look of this we better get a move on. We are going to the meet. We are all so planning to go away before the meet as well.

Lord Braykewynd

We might see you a round when you're at Clumber Park.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
My ancestral home is at Clipstone Mark (heheheh!) and my mother and brother/sis in law still lives there. Ive got 2 sisters at Mansfield Woodhouse also. I usually fetch my mother down here for a week but this year we are going up there and hopefully take her out each day, Chatsworth, Skeggy and places like that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts