Cirencester Bathurst Park

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Off to Cirencester today and thought about a walk in Bathurst Park. We’ve been into the park on several occasions but have only entered from the CMHC site. Is there access from within the town center?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Off to Cirencester today and thought about a walk in Bathurst Park. We’ve been into the park on several occasions but have only entered from the CMHC site. Is there access from within the town center?
Yes, there is. And if you are lucky, parking! (in between the Range Rovers).

IMG_0152.png

IMG_0153.jpeg

Been a few years now, but a lovely place. And I think it's free.

John

Attachments

• IMG_0153.png
    IMG_0153.png
    647.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, there is. And if you are lucky, parking! (in between the Range Rovers).

View attachment 6021

View attachment 6023

Been a few years now, but a lovely place. And I think it's free.

John
Thanks we parked in a long stay just after Waitrose and only a short walk into the center where we had some shopping to do. Absolutely no chance of parking in the stretch in your photo. It was wall to wall parked cars and many were residents permits for the adjoining cottages. Today the park was free, but a new hut has been sited at the entrance as non residents will have to pay for entry.

The town was quite busy but apart from pubs few cafes were open, clearly the Cirencester hospitality trade isn’t doing too badly. So it was a sausage roll and coffee from the Cochon waggon, and it was quite pleasant just relaxing in the Center. When we first arrived we thought Crufts was on, given the number of pooches everywhere, including our reprobate😂

IMG_3248.jpeg

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We quite like Cirecester, try to go a couple of times a year. Great town centre. They do a good farmers market.

Where do all the Citroen vans come from?

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We quite like Cirecester, try to go a couple of times a year. Great town centre. They do a good farmers market.

John
Hadn’t realised that there is a new car park at the Old Kennels with a cafe restaurant. Will use that in future if we don’t need to go into town.

I think there must be a maker of “patinised” Cochon food vans probably lurking somewhere in the Black Country 😂

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I once had a mature student who had made a lot of money in Cirencester. There is a covered shopping area between the bus station and the town centre. He and his wife rented a tiny shop and sold costume jewellery. They would go to the jewellery quarter in Birmingham and stock up. He said it was a licence to print money. Lots of girls passing who wanted something cheap to match their outfit for going out. He later opened a second shop in Poole. I noticed the Cirencester shop closed, perhaps different buying habbits.

At that time in the 80’s his course cost him a £50 materials fee. He asked me how much the tution fee was, I told him £1400. He tried to pay it. I told him he was entitled to a free course. Also, I had no way to process a payment that we could control.

John

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site

John
There's a company producing fibre-glass replica bodyshells for the traders, next time you see a very clean one have a peer underneath as there's a chance that the axles etc are dummies. I've seen one or two mounted on trailer chassis with a dummy wheel added to each corner of the body afterwards when parked.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There's a company producing fibre-glass replica bodyshells for the traders, next time you see a very clean one have a peer underneath as there's a chance that the axles etc are dummies. I've seen one or two mounted on trailer chassis with a dummy wheel added to each corner of the body afterwards when parked.
There’s also a company in Essex refurbishing old ones and putting Zetec engine in or even full EV.

Reactions: GaryB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts