Classifieds

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I asked for a classified section when this forum was 'revamped' some three years ago but my request remained unanswered. To be honest the section of the website which was meant for free caravan sales adverts didn't work very well and having had no reply as to why the forum has no classified section oe can only presume that Haymarket think that forum members will use the free advertising section in the magazine. In reality members simply use the classified section on other caravan forums

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Parksy said:
I asked for a classified section when this forum was 'revamped' some three years ago but my request remained unanswered. To be honest the section of the website which was meant for free caravan sales adverts didn't work very well and having had no reply as to why the forum has no classified section oe can only presume that Haymarket think that forum members will use the free advertising section in the magazine. In reality members simply use the classified section on other caravan forums
Whenw e have sold caravans I have advertsied them on those forums and never even had an inquiry. However when listed on the PC website I had 2 inquiries within a day and sold to one of the inquirers. Only other site where I had genuine inquiries was eBay classifieds.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
Whenw e have sold caravans I have advertsied them on those forums and never even had an inquiry. However when listed on the PC website I had 2 inquiries within a day and sold to one of the inquirers. Only other site where I had genuine inquiries was eBay classifieds.
When the sales site was working it worked very well and enjoyed a good reputation but unfortunately that particular part of the website was administered by an outside agency who failed to address various software problems. This has resulted in the sales site being taken down and never replaced.
I was asking for a classified section for unwanted accessories, awnings etc; but I think that Practical Caravan were worried about commercial advertisers gaining free advertising and damaging one of their revenue streams.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts