Cleaning awning windows

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Check the manufacturers instructions.

Kampa FAQs do not specify how to clean the windows, only the awning as a whole: "Dirty awnings can be washed using clean water and a soft brush. Do not scrub and never use detergents."

Isabella also echo this advice but also add that you should "NEVER use spirit or polishes on the PVC windows."

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I just hose them down (or splash water from a bucket) to wash off loose dirt. Then if necessary sponge down with warm water with just a drop of detergent and finally rinse again. Has never done any harm.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Do not do this without checking out what I am about to say because you could end up with a VERY RUINED awning, but I think I heard somewhere that WD40 would clear plastic awning Windows that had gone cloudy.

I may have made that up but the fear of confabulation has never Stopped me before.

Seriously double check before getting out the can.
Mel

Ty

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Thanks all, they are still like new awnings only 6 months old just general dust and now seagull dropings well more like a paint splash all over one of them.think ill just try the warm water and a sponge. Thanks again Ty

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
WD 40 ????? Damian will tell you there is no place in a caravan for WD40.Be safe and use the washing up liquid method I posted earlier. If you have headlamps where the lamp protectors are starting look a bit green then WD on kitchen roll will clear thelenses but if they have too bad you have to work on them ,
Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts