Club Sites.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I get the impression that club sites need need to raise their game to meet commercial site facilities.Ok you know what to expect with club site but it is becoming boring.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I like the standards of the two main club sites, but what puts me off them is the fact that they are normally in the middle of nowhere, ( at least 3 to 4 miles ) from any pubs, this might suit a lot of people, but not me and the wife, we want somewhere that we can walk too. We are getting to our 70's so private sites are getting more attractive and at times cheaper.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I like the standards of the two main club sites, but what puts me off them is the fact that they are normally in the middle of nowhere, ( at least 3 to 4 miles ) from any pubs, this might suit a lot of people, but not me and the wife, we want somewhere that we can walk too. We are getting to our 70's so private sites are getting more attractive and at times cheaper.
We now mainly use commercial sites which seem to be in better locations with more facilities and also in many cases a lower price per night. Also on many discounts are offered i.e. if staying a week you may get a free night.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Pays your money and takes your choice.....

Personally I'm happy just using the club sites. We use them basically for somewhere to hitch up the van because we're out and about exploring the areas virtually all day rather than spending much time on the site. Being in the middle of nowhere suits us just fine. The club standards are pretty much uniform throughout and good. Don't need much more than EHU, waste and water.

Not been overly impressed with the small number of private sites we've used. It might sound snobbish but the 'clientele' have been less than desirable especially in the popular areas.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Pays your money and takes your choice.....

Personally I'm happy just using the club sites. We use them basically for somewhere to hitch up the van because we're out and about exploring the areas virtually all day rather than spending much time on the site. Being in the middle of nowhere suits us just fine. The club standards are pretty much uniform throughout and good. Don't need much more than EHU, waste and water.

Not been overly impressed with the small number of private sites we've used. It might sound snobbish but the 'clientele' have been less than desirable especially in the popular areas.

We like using the CAMC CL network as some brilliant CLs around in convenient locations at a fraction of the price that CAMC charge for club sites. Quite a few now have fully serviced pitches or where there is a tap for the pitch and the waste water drains into hedge.

Reactions: RogerL
May 7, 2012
Visit site
We use club sites as they give us what we want and it is not other things than a water tap, waste facilities and perhaps a toilet block. Swimming pools, overpriced bars and the like are not for us. Not sure what is meant by boring but if you want an all singing and dancing site there are plenty of commercial sites that do this possibly better than the clubs can.
The clubs have plenty of sites in the towns and cities like York, Birmingham and London. Land values in these places are high though and this makes them expensive to run.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts