Coffee question

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Seeing i have never been to a Costa type place my coffee drink would be either between these two Nescafe Skinny Latte or Kenco Latte but that my choice :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have this tin of coffee, expiry date 2/4/2015. Just realised we no longer have a coffee maker in the caravan , bought in France, If I remember correctly, very nice with a glass of Armangac. 🍷

1632666534580-1771800612.jpg

May 21, 2021
Visit site
Tassimo both at home and in the caravan. I get my pods in bulk from Amazon which works out cheaper. Used to use Costa Americano pods but they started tasting quite bitter so swapped to Kenco Smooth. Tastier and slightly cheaper than the Costa ones.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Bought a milk froth whisk that works very well. Now experimenting with small tins of the instant coffee variety and enjoying it. Mostly different varieties of Kenco at the moment.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Dont knock camp coffee OC. When you are tired, wet, sore and thoroughly sick of a 24 hour stag in the field, Camp Coffee and Condensed Milk can revive the dead. Mind you, so can a bacon sarnie.

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have you tasted Camp Coffee Essence OC
Yes, it’s all that my parents and grandparents had when we were young kids. Then as things improved they moved on to Nescafé instant, then on to the infamous burnt taste of the dreaded Kona as a teenager. My first real coffee came in the Med area in 1973, sheer delight.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Dont knock camp coffee OC. When you are tired, wet, sore and thoroughly sick of a 24 hour stag in the field, Camp Coffee and Condensed Milk can revive the dead. Mind you, so can a bacon sarnie.
We used to get a type of coffee essence in our rat packs, but you had to be fairly dumb to make a brew as it could cost you your life. Most times we ate our rations cold and no cigarettes, no soap, no toothpaste or any nice smelly stuff when out on patrol.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Nescafe Azera Americano is a pretty good instant coffee. But We have a Moka pot and lovely Lavazza red label in the 'van and a Krups espresso machine and the same coffee at home

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it’s all that my parents and grandparents had when we were young kids. Then as things improved they moved on to Nescafé instant, then on to the infamous burnt taste of the dreaded Kona as a teenager. My first real coffee came in the Med area in 1973, sheer delight.
i have also tasted it but my first real coffee was when i was 17 met a friend we were at the same school who come from Kenya his mum and dad had a second home in London they often invited me over for a weekend South African coffee what a taste :)

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Camp coffee with chicory essence in the small bottle with a label that would be unacceptable these days was universally accepted as 'coffee' when I was a kid.
We had the occasional cup once in a blue moon, but we mainly had council pop in the day or Bournvita at bedtime if we were very lucky.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just tried Nescafe Gold Vanilla Latte. You get 8 x 18.5gm packets in the box which cost £0.89 from LIDL. Quite a pleasant taste.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I used to like Camp with milk when I was a teenager. But my wife still uses it. It is now kept in the supermarket bakery section as it is good in cakes.

For a couple of years in the early 2000’s my employer provided free coffee to all staff and official visitors. It came in a small Douwe- Egberts machine a bit like a Tassimo. It took 1 litre boxes of liquid highly concentrated coffee which was kept in a freezer. A 1 litre pack lasted for days with about 200 staff using it constantly.

I wonder why that initiative came to an end? 🥴

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I used to like Camp with milk when I was a teenager. But my wife still uses it. It is now kept in the supermarket bakery section as it is good in cakes.

For a couple of years in the early 2000’s my employer provided free coffee to all staff and official visitors. It came in a small Douwe- Egberts machine a bit like a Tassimo. It took 1 litre boxes of liquid highly concentrated coffee which was kept in a freezer. A 1 litre pack lasted for days with about 200 staff using it constantly.

John
Could it be that cost overrode staff and visitor benefit according to the finance director. Those machines were good though.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

John
That was same where i use to work you got free coffee i use to love it a lot :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts