Computers.

Mar 2, 2007
Visit site
Good Afternoon. For years I have been able to post comments on this forum. Now I have changed my computer, and when I type a post and click on it to send it, it disappears into the wild blue yonder. Its a Dell PC running windows 7 and with Internet Explorer or Google Chrome as the browser. Interestingly, I continue to be able to post comments on the Caravan Clubs forum. Any advice from those among us who are more computer literate than I am would be appreciated. I have tried going into Tools on IE but without success. A drop down box that should have given me more instruction didn't drop down. I also tried using Firefox as the browser but again without success. Before you ask, I am sending this via a friends computer, which also uses windows 7. Thank you in advance. Henry.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
HenryS.Take a look at the top of your page where you type to search I dont know what this thing is called as Im no good with a PC but you will see what looks like a jaw just click on it, it should turn blue job done .
Sir Roger

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Henry
Has your PC done some recent updates ?

It will need the compatibility view mode re-setting for when you are using Internet Explorer ??
3d92bf36-19d8-487d-9654-1163646c7e4f_zps60a63c81.jpg

It will turn blue when in use ...
pcvcompatabilitymode_zpsb0a4ee6d.jpg

When Internet Explorer senses a compatibility issue you'll see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar.

To turn Compatibility View on, click the Compatibility View button to the make the icon change from a gray outline to a solid blue color just like the one in the second photo.....

HTH
smiley-wink.gif

Internet Explorer compatibility view
smiley-wink.gif

I use Google Chrome all of the time & don't have a problem posting
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
Henry
Has your PC done some recent updates ?

It will need the compatibility view mode re-setting for when you are using Internet Explorer ??
3d92bf36-19d8-487d-9654-1163646c7e4f_zps60a63c81.jpg

It will turn blue when in use ...
pcvcompatabilitymode_zpsb0a4ee6d.jpg

When Internet Explorer senses a compatibility issue you'll see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar.

To turn Compatibility View on, click the Compatibility View button to the make the icon change from a gray outline to a solid blue color just like the one in the second photo.....

HTH
smiley-wink.gif

Internet Explorer compatibility view
smiley-wink.gif

I use Google Chrome all of the time & don't have a problem posting
smiley-laughing.gif

Thanks Sprockmeister, Ive added your information to the sticky posts on the New Members and Our Website message boards
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts