Condensation between window

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
I noticed this a couple weeks ago with mist between the laminated window panes on the centre window, but thought it might have been down to the extremely hot weather we have had but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. If i tap the window the condensation will now run down inside the window :eek:hmy:

centre window misty

I have checked to see if the window has delaminated in any way but all seems to be intact without actually taking it off the caravan for a proper check. Has anyone come across this issue and how to fix ? I've read a forum where someone did a repair on 2 sides of a delaminated window using a 2 in 1 tube solution but if my window hasn't delaminated, is there a fix.

thanks all

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a van that had slight condensation and on my windows there were very small soft plastic bungs in each window, I think there was 2 in each window, these bungs could be popped out and that would allow the condensation to dry out properly, I’m trying to remember and I think the bungs were at the inside bottom of each window, I left them out for a couple of weeks during warm weather and condensation cleared no problem, I think I popped them out using the point of a sharp knife, they are only small so not immediately obvious to spot them.

BP

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Beehpee ,

Also thank you for the tip as when we we were away last time , I also noticed condensation on the inside but I also put it down to the extreme hot weather that we were having, it did clear up but I will have a look out for them little bungs that you are on about. :)

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I think it was Damian that replied some time ago on this topic and Im sure he said it was nothing unusual for the misting up between the glazing and I did find mine misting but left them to clear. Yes you can remove the little black bungs and let air in to clear it but just to reassure this misting will clear on its own.
Sir Roger

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Had the same problem, and removed the 2 bungs on a hot day, and after a time the condensation evaporated.
Be careful removing the bungs as you might split them in two and be left with a bit in the window you'll never get out.
Use a pair of fine nosed pliers to grip the little pip in the centre of the bung, so you can pull the inside part out, rather than levering on the outside bit, then they come out easily. Bungs available on line, and a softer compound that seals better than the originals.

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
i get a bit of condensation now and then but its never bothered me and goes away without any intervention.
just a design flaw in how the windows are made I reckon.

kevin

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Thanks all for your replys, i know the bungs [ or whatever they are called ] you are talking about, i will remove and hopefully it will clear without any visual marks between the panes from the condensation that runs down. :) :)

Could I use an soft air blower with a small pipe on the end to put through the hole where the bung goes to help lol..

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
The misting is caused by moisture in the air condensing out onto the colder window, generally overnight. Normally it clears as the air in the gap warms up and can reabsorb more moisture. Removing the bungs and blowing air in will only work if the air going in is dryer than the air already there.

I remember reading about someone using a fishtanks air pump to blow air into the window gap but how one dries the replacement air I cannot imagine.

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Evening all

My Elddis Odyssey 482 2008
After starting this thread, the condensation would not disperse and it even got to the point after some rain last night and a down pour today that there was water getting inbetween the panes. After taking the front middle window off, i noticed the top of the window had delaminated but while trying to investigate how bad it was the inner pane cracked !! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: This now leaves me with an issue.

1 ] can the inner pane be replaced
2 } complete replacement but this wont have the cris etching on.

any other idea's or places to contact will be gratefully appreciated.
I would say i wished i had not touched it, but at least now it has to be sorted :(

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To answer your questions, No the inner pane cannot be replaced.
As far as the CRIS number , CRIS will supply you with the kit if you purchase it from them, otherwise it makes not a lot of difference if it is not on the window, it will be on the others.

You could get EECO to make you a new window, or purchase one from Miriad Products.
Whatever way you go, it will be expensive.

Mar 26, 2019
Visit site
Got same problem with my bessacarr ....I’m thinking of getting a piece of acrylic (as the inside piece is flat) and using correct glue bond this to the outer window.seems to me that the inner part is just flat acrylic so replacing like for like should be ok

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think its better to le the window clear naturally. By taking the bungs out, remember that you can also allow moisture laden air in and that will compound the issue. The misting I have had on nearly all my caravans, but it has only appeared to manifest itself with the first warm weather of spring, once cleared, it seems to be ok for the next 12 months.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts