Cost of repairs!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have recently gained, what I thought was a little dammage to the lower panel on my caravan and was ammazed that the cost of repairs went into thousands of pounds because a new panel needs to be fitted but this cannot be done without replacing the middle panel and quess what the middle panel cannot be replaced without replacing the upper panel. So for a small dent about the size of a golf ball I have to have the whole side of the caravan replaced.

New panels I believe are stuck on top of the originals.

My insurance company is paying for the repairs but I am dreading next year's renewal figure.

My point is, given that modern caravans have to be repaired in this very expensive manner is it not possible that future caravans be assenbled differently as I am sure that If it were the manufacturers who had to bear the cost of repairs instead of owners or insurance companies who in turn pass on their costs to the policy holder.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A cosmetic solution to the problem of dents was mentioned a while ago. Cover the dent with a 'fridge type vent or a reflector - one either side of the 'van to even things up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts