Cost of sites in 2022!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do find it strange that it is assumed by many that the CAMC sites should offer the gold standard of facilities and service. Because of the way the CAMC operates its more likely to be reactive than leading the pack. - sitting probably in the top 25% - so better than average.

Small independent sites are likely to be fleet of foot and able to respond more quickly to market changes, so I would expect there to be some commercial sites that offer class leading facilities, but I also recognise that some non CAMC sites may also have less good facilities.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The club pricing structure does seem to take no account of local prices and looks high in some areas and low in others. It is probably a bit over average overall but you do get a certain standard. We do know what we want and are lucky enough to be able to pay a bit more for this, but do appreciate for some people the bottom line is very important.
Others can afford to pay CC prices, and more, but prefer better value for money.

Reactions: Buckman
Jan 28, 2022
Visit site
Taking a rather cynical view, I don't thing pitch fees will reduce, its a bit like a ratchet effect, once the public have got used to higher prices, there is little incentive for businesses to reduce them.
That's a fair point but there have also been many examples in history where prices tend to decrease as technology evolves, it's a deflationary effect. Like the cost of buying a computer when they first came out vs now, it's much more affordable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's a fair point but there have also been many examples in history where prices tend to decrease as technology evolves, it's a deflationary effect. Like the cost of buying a computer when they first came out vs now, it's much more affordable.
Yes I'd agree that works when its a new technology breaking ground, where the first to market can sometimes make hay until the competition catches up. But I suspect in relation to pitch prices any potential for reducing hire fees as more sites update will be swallowed up by inflation.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, and so are many more items cheaper in real terms than they were some years ago, including cars……….until the virus appeared. However, eating out has gone up quite a bit, but theres little technology involved.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Agreed, and so are many more items cheaper in real terms than they were some years ago, including cars……….until the virus appeared. However, eating out has gone up quite a bit, but theres little technology involved.
I think we have only eaten out two or three times since the pandemic started, but have not eaten out in the past year mainly due to high prices and what is being offered for that price i.e. burger & chips £15!. We don't do fancy meal, just basic foodstuff.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think we have only eaten out two or three times since the pandemic started, but have not eaten out in the past year mainly due to high prices and what is being offered for that price i.e. burger & chips £15!. We don't do fancy meal, just basic foodstuff.
Try Loch Fyne restaurants, 50% discounts until 10th of Feb.
Lobster and dressed crab platter. Nothing fancy. Or Hebridean Scotch egg. Mortages available from nearest, Building society.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At £15 we can still get a decent main course, but there are degrees of burgers I guess.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Lobster and dressed crab platter. Nothing fancy. Or Hebridean Scotch egg. Mortages available from nearest, Building society.
We often go out with our daughter who has NHS discount or her Student discount. Generally Monday to Thursday 30-50% off. Even in new places when she books she’s upfront and asks for discount and has been known to turn away. With our friends through its full wack, but worth it to get out with them.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Fantastic place but well off many peoples routes. A must though if you are out that way.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just look up Loch Fyne restaurant the nearest one to us is York might be worth going for the 50% discount .
York’s a bit far for me 😂but there was one in Bath. We went to the original one at the head of Loch Fyne before the outlets opened up around the country. We have always found them nice places with good food.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes the Oyster Bar. We were staying at the Stagecoach Inn at Cairndow which was quite close to the Oyster Bar.
Apologies I was thinking of the Oyster Bar near Oban, We tried to book a table there for our anniversary as a lot of good review, but it was closed for the week that we were in the area.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The original was the one I was thinking about the original on the A83. I had overlooked there are several elsewhere now, although have not tried any of those.

TRENDING THREADS