Country Camping Schinderhannes Germany, any good??

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Have not ever stopped at this site but have stopped on the Mosel and on the Rhine. On looking at it on the ACSI DVD it looks quite a big campsite and it should be OK it has 4 stars. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
mondeoman said:
Hi, has anyone stopped at Country camping schinderhannes in Germany recently please and if so is it any good for a stop over?
Thanks
Phil
Phil
We stayed there for a few days in August 2005. There is a report and pictures here http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/Camping_Schinderhannes.htm Its a big site with many permanent vans but these are in a different section to the touring section. Its not far from the Autobahn. If you are just overnighting they have a special area where you can park without unhitching. Nice restaurant if I recall correctly.
David

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks David, I think you brought the site to our attention in the first place on an earler post. I've booked it now or at least notified them of our arrival as they don't take bookings for overnight stays apparently?

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
We stayed there in 2008 for a week ( very handy for Rhine & Moselle) and also a one nighter in 2009 on our way to Italy. It's an excellent site with a decent restaurant. As has been said - it's not far off the motorway and there's a service station just by the slip-road. A bank with cash machine in the village you'll go through on the way there (just off the direct route) and a shop. The site owners are very helpful and there are at least three overnight areas - you can usually park up and leave everything hitched up. There's also a small shop on site which sells bread, etc. It's very popular with the Dutch.

John M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts