Covid -19 latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Wiltshire Council in their wisdom send me weekly updates on C -19 case numbers.

Today they tell me the National average is 499.9 per 100k people.

Latest Wiltshire COVID-19 cases
The number of cases in Wiltshire continues to be below the national average but has increased again this week.

The rate of cases per 100,000 has gone from 294.8 to 414.

However it is note worthy that whilst Wilts is below average , the last Seven days have seen a significant increase. I noticed in the supermarket today 99% of people are still wearing masks, me too 👍.

Just wondered what the rest of the country is like? I don’t know if we as a nation could stand another lockdown😥😥😥

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was dismayed yesterday to go to my local Tesc supermarket and find that about half the shoppers weren't wearing masks. I think it's the area I Iive in, people are self centered and not socially minded.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Had to go into the big Tesco's in Inverness last Saturday. While everyone was wearing masks, although not always correctly, social distancing was a thing of the past. As was not touching things and putting them back.

The town centre was busy and not much sign of mask wearing or distancing. We wore ours even outside.

By all accounts numbers in Scotland seem to be falling.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had to go into the big Tesco's in Inverness last Saturday. While everyone was wearing masks, although not always correctly, social distancing was a thing of the past. As was not touching things and putting them back.

The town centre was busy and not much sign of mask wearing or distancing. We wore ours even outside.

By all accounts numbers in Scotland seem to be falling.
I think that it has now been concluded that the primary route to infection is airborne transmission. The probability of contagion from surfaces is extremely low according to the CDC. Early studies found virus elements on surfaces but latter research concluded that many were particles and not contagious. So hand cleanliness would cut the risk even lower should there be a contagious element on a surface. From memory the surface contact risk was 1:10000 compared to airborne indoors. But there were various elements of indoors scenarios too. But concern for the surface transmission route has given us remarkably clean buses, trains and hospitality tables; so long may that concern last.

We continue to wear our masks when shopping or going into cafe/pub as the now redundant rules required until recently. It is a minor inconvenience and the most difficult bit is my need to remember to have a mask with me or in the motor. I'm quite capable of getting out of the car and walking 100meters then remembering.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Grey cells and all that Clive.
Our two Springers are now long gone but to this day every pocket has a poo bag and mask! Weird how old habits die😵‍💫😵‍💫

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Grey cells and all that Clive.
Our two Springers are now long gone but to this day every pocket has a poo bag and mask! Weird how old habits die😵‍💫😵‍💫
I could always string two of the poo bags together with the loops over my ears, as I always have them with me, unless they've gone through the washing machine.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I and SWMBO had both jabs before May. All the kids are doubled up too. Well they are over 40🤪🤪. Also ALL the staff at my Mum‘s nursing home have been double jabbed. They were all warned no jab no job.

Reactions: JezzerB
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Self, wife, and both daughters double jabbed. Still dont feel fully safe, waiting for the next variant with trepidation.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We both had our 2nd jabs in April, Pfizer, our local Doctors and nurses were fantastic, and virtually the whole village and surrouding area of maybe 15, 000 people were vaccinated very quickly. A few months.

In our Lidls and Sainsburys, ( Milton Keynes area) a good 95% of people still wearing masks , but strangley in The Big Tesco maybe just 50%.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
My wife reacts so she attended a special case clinic Lutz. Really is a no brainer. They monitored her for an hour after the jab. Superb care and free tea coffee, biscuit and parking. Well done Lincs PCC and Boston pilgrim hospital.

Reactions: Dustydog

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Double jabbed here. According to the Times there are plans to begin a booster jab programme as early as September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts