Covid -19 strange regulations??

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Had SWMBO car serviced while I waited this morning. Main dealer because of guarantee. Fully safe. Social distancing very professionally set up, including a mammoth one way entry and exit system. Tea machine operational today. BUT I was told the big wide screen TV could not be switched due to Covid regs. How weird is that🤔🤔🤔

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
That's very odd...either they don't want loads of people handling the remote control to change channels, or they're just fed up with Covid news on the telly!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Took my car in this week for a recall examination. They messaged me with a lot of sensible things to expect. Surprisingly to me, it said to remove hand sanitiser as it’s a fire hazard. Like a lot of people we keep a tiny bottle in the car.

They checked a cable on the seat belt pre-tensionair. The cable will be replaced In December but is still being manufactured. They found fraying on the rubber boot so gave me a plan. They couldn’t give me the car back, but would give me a loan car for 2 weeks then fit a newer cable to put me on. I asked if the loan car would have a tow bar As we go away on Thursday. That threw them, for a moment I thought they may lend me a new V90 as the like to show off the electric, retractable tow bar. But no such luck. After a rethink, they rechcked my car and said the cable under the boot was fine.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I see CMHC now require newly arriving customers to check in using the NHS app. Clearly they don’t realise that it doesn’t work on all phones.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
As those booking in have already provided all their info and it’s on record, I don’t see the point except for visitors, and I thought they were banned.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As those booking in have already provided all their info and it’s on record, I don’t see the point except for visitors, and I thought they were banned.

John
It’s for guests not visitors who are not allowed. The app gives automatic contact alerts if you have been in proximity to someone testing positive who updates their status to the app. Works more quickly is the aim. But thus far despite 16m downloads it’s not alerted many. Is that good or bad I don’t know.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am aware what the app does.

So it appears that the club may be trying to devolve their responsibility to pass on info on all those present when asked to, to the app. Which is great in an ideal world but does require 100% to have and use the app. OK if it’s optional.

I was asked to scan at a pub recently, I reminded them that they had my booking details so they agreed there was no need to do it.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As previously discussed only 50 % of mobile phones are above iOS 12. The rest are below and not able to read the QR thing. The app was supposed to be supplementary to form filling not replace it!

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
As previously discussed only 50 % of mobile phones are above iOS 12. The rest are below and not able to read the QR thing. The app was supposed to be supplementary to form filling not replace it!
Not everyone has an iPhone or Smartphone - premises are also required to have a manual sign-in method as an alternative for those who can't, or won't, scan with an app.

May 11, 2017
Visit site
I see CMHC now require newly arriving customers to check in using the NHS app. Clearly they don’t realise that it doesn’t work on all phones.

I don't think they do? We stayed at a site this weekend and the App wasn't even mentioned at check-in. I've looked at their website FAQ and it says:

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/coronavirus-faqs/
The current Track and Trace system is in use at all Club campsites and utilises our reservation system in order to minimise the administrative burden on our members. On 24 September, the UK Government introduced a new NHS QR code system within England and Wales in addition to the current Track and Trace procedure. A similar system was introduced in Scotland and Northern Ireland. This new system allows individuals to download a Government App and then scan a code within hospitality venues, to “check in” to the venue - this is entirely voluntary. Whilst not a requirement for members to “check in”, the Club, and other campsites or holiday parks, are legally bound to display the new NHS QR Code posters at its campsites.
We feel strongly that containing outbreaks at an early stage and reducing the ability for the COVID virus to spread is ultimately beneficial to us all and are asking our members and guests to support the use of the new system.
The existing Track and Trace system that is already in place will continue, should members not have the ability to download the App.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think they do? We stayed at a site this weekend and the App wasn't even mentioned at check-in. I've looked at their website FAQ and it says:

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/coronavirus-faqs/
The current Track and Trace system is in use at all Club campsites and utilises our reservation system in order to minimise the administrative burden on our members. On 24 September, the UK Government introduced a new NHS QR code system within England and Wales in addition to the current Track and Trace procedure. A similar system was introduced in Scotland and Northern Ireland. This new system allows individuals to download a Government App and then scan a code within hospitality venues, to “check in” to the venue - this is entirely voluntary. Whilst not a requirement for members to “check in”, the Club, and other campsites or holiday parks, are legally bound to display the new NHS QR Code posters at its campsites.
We feel strongly that containing outbreaks at an early stage and reducing the ability for the COVID virus to spread is ultimately beneficial to us all and are asking our members and guests to support the use of the new system.
The existing Track and Trace system that is already in place will continue, should members not have the ability to download the App.

I'm not normally one for fantasy postings. It arrived in an email after 2200 and I swear I hadn't been drinking. Clearly someone realised the error of their message and it has not been introduced onto the website. However I notice on the website that arrival procedures require you to stay in the car, call reception by phone on a number clearly displayed in Arrivals area, and pay contactless. Well that may be the written word but at Morn Hill and Malvern it was get out, go into reception etc.

Did your arrival procedure align with the website because apart from a mask and only one person in reception at a time it was basically the same as normal.

PS Unlike Hotmail you cannot recover deleted Google messages once you clear the Bin.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017
Visit site
I'm not normally one for fantasy postings. It arrived in an email after 2200 and I swear I hadn't been drinking. Clearly someone realised the error of their message and it has not been introduced onto the website. However I notice on the website that arrival procedures require you to stay in the car, call reception by phone on a number clearly displayed in Arrivals area, and pay contactless. Well that may be the written word but at Morn Hill and Malvern it was get out, go into reception etc.

Did your arrival procedure align with the website because apart from a mask and only one person in reception at a time it was basically the same as normal.

PS Unlike Hotmail you cannot recover deleted Google messages once you clear the Bin.

Our arrival procedure was the same as yours, otherclive. In fact, I'd called the day before to check they were still open and the kind lady talked me through the process over the phone. Signs to wear a mask, only one person in reception. I couldn't pay contactless as it was over £45 (surely most are if more than one night?).

Shower block and facilities were immaculate, with a 'band' system to control the number of people in the block at the time. Quite possibly the best facilities I've ever seen and regular cleaning in place.

But really, it didn't feel much different to how I remember 'normal' life. It felt, really, like a holiday from Covid. Except we didn't stand anywhere near other campers while having a brief, polite chat. And had gallons of hand sanitiser. And masks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our arrival procedure was the same as yours, otherclive. In fact, I'd called the day before to check they were still open and the kind lady talked me through the process over the phone. Signs to wear a mask, only one person in reception. I couldn't pay contactless as it was over £45 (surely most are if more than one night?).

Shower block and facilities were immaculate, with a 'band' system to control the number of people in the block at the time. Quite possibly the best facilities I've ever seen and regular cleaning in place.

But really, it didn't feel much different to how I remember 'normal' life. It felt, really, like a holiday from Covid. Except we didn't stand anywhere near other campers while having a brief, polite chat. And had gallons of hand sanitiser. And masks.

I think by “ contactless” they really mean “ cashless” as like you there are not many guests who are under £45.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
However I notice on the website that arrival procedures require you to stay in the car, call reception by phone on a number clearly displayed in Arrivals area, and pay contactless. Well that may be the written word but at Morn Hill and Malvern it was get out, go into reception etc.
Same at Moreton in Marsh. You had to enter the reception to book in, hand your CMC card over for scrutiny and then pay. So receptionist touches CMC card and hand it back to you. You touch payment device which has been used by numerous other people. You then have to go back to reception to tell them your pitch number. We keep sanitiser in the car so on returning to the car I was able to wash my hands straight away.
BTW as Moreton in Marsh was rather full, we had to drive around and around before finding a pitch due to one way systems. I expect this is the same for many at sites at this time as on a number of occasions we saw the same vehicle going pass several times before they found a pitch..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just back from Putts Corner, had to enter reception as we were paying with club vouchers, toilet blocks 3 at a time with band system, felt safe and enjoyed our break

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Same at Rutland arrival procedures you must stay in your car
You had to wear a mask at Rutland when you enter reception we paid the balance in cash in a envelope . on arrival you will need £10 or your Caravan and Motorhome Card as a deposit for your security barrier key this will be returned to you on departure.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Shock horror and a warning to all!

My wife just got a notification on her phone about Covid exposure. Panic set in, mainly because that’s the way she is. After calming her down we investigated. But the message had disappeared.

Googling the message we found out that is just a Google or Apple Message reporting that it has tested theApp and it’s working.

The Government is trying to get the message changed. But what software writer phrases a message to sound like there has been an exposure, when it simply needed to say

‘NHS App functioning correctly’.

MAD

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Shock horror and a warning to all!

My wife just got a notification on her phone about Covid exposure. Panic set in, mainly because that’s the way she is. After calming her down we investigated. But the message had disappeared.

Googling the message we found out that is just a Google or Apple Message reporting that it has tested theApp and it’s working.

The Government is trying to get the message changed. But what software writer phrases a message to sound like there has been an exposure, when it simply needed to say

‘NHS App functioning correctly’.

MAD

John
Is it the glitch bought about so I understand by the developers trying to m as Le the app work on a software version that was a bit earlier than ideal, but would help folks with older phones.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...ssible-Exposure-Message-iPhone-Android-UK/amp

My sincere apologies for the source of the link. 😂

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Is it the glitch bought about so I understand by the developers trying to m as Le the app work on a software version that was a bit earlier than ideal, but would help folks with older phones.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...ssible-Exposure-Message-iPhone-Android-UK/amp

My sincere apologies for the source of the link. 😂

I think no because this is current.

Since writing about my wife’s message. It just happened to me but I took this screen shot.

560F809A-30D1-4811-8815-2B25F89EDDCA.png

So not so bad for me, but my wife only got the second message.

John

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It was reported in some of the media on 24 September shortly the app was released. It’s not a unique U.K. NHS problem as even in Canada the same issue arises with their app too.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The app is quite demanding on the battery - my Moto G5 used to lose 20% in 24 hours but now loses 60% over the same time.
Probably because it is constantly searching for a signal. Generally our phones stay on the home wifi setting and very, very occasionally will switch to network to check on something and then switch it back to wifi. Not being very techie we do not use the phones for banking, accessing the Internet, Maps etc although both are supposed to be Smartphones. I just like to think I am smarter than a dumb phone. LOL!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The app is quite demanding on the battery - my Moto G5 used to lose 20% in 24 hours but now loses 60% over the same time.
We switch ours off when not going anywhere. And our lounge chairs are 1.8 m apart. But keeping the windows open is costing a fortune on heating. 😂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts