Covid booster injections

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible the reason the recent infections are have less serious impacts becasue most people (in the UK & Europe) have had some immunisation from earlier rounds of vaccines or actually having been infected in the past?
That could be the case, but also there were people that caught Omicron who had not previously been vaccinated or who had not had a vaccine. Reports from the initial outset were that Omicron was more infectious but less severe. But it can still bring on serious effects in some people. So offering the booster vaccine helps people and the health service.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Is it possible the reason the recent infections are have less serious impacts becasue most people (in the UK & Europe) have had some immunisation from earlier rounds of vaccines or actually having been infected in the past?
Maybe that does contribute towards the overall picture too, but my understanding is that current strains are also a lot less virulent.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
….. or who had been vaccinated. My wife‘s nephew was tested positive for Covid three times even after he was fully vaccinated.

Was not the vaccine developed to mitigate the serious negatives of an unprotected Covid infection, as opposed to preventing an infection?
As the case with vaccines, to prepare the body's response to the target infection.
Though jabbed up fully, we also both "caught" it, but basically only knew that because we tested, not because we were seriously ill.
We only tested then as we were at an event where others were reporting being infected, and responsibly we tested as we were about to leave for a reunion with others in their eighties.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Was not the vaccine developed to mitigate the serious negatives of an unprotected Covid infection, as opposed to preventing an infection?
As the case with vaccines, to prepare the bodies response to the target infection.
Though jabbed up fully, we also both "caught" it, but basically only knew that because we tested, not because we were seriously ill.
We only tested then as we were at an event where others were reporting being infected, and responsibly we tested as we were about to leave for a reunion with others in their eighties.
Likewise, my wife and I both caught covid in July 2022, and we were both up to date with available vaccinations. The effects were like a cold for two days, followed by a non cold like period of reduced energy. But no long term effects.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Likewise, my wife and I both caught covid in July 2022, and we were both up to date with available vaccinations. The effects were like a cold for two days, followed by a non cold like period of reduced energy. But no long term effects.

Same here, and the story I hear from many.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We're both fully injected against Covid, but we both caught it at the same time from the same source.
We both feel that although we caught Covid, the injections helped.
We both have various health issues that make us vulnerable, but the Covid only lasted for a week and it was a bit like flu, which paracetamol sorted out.
I doubt if we'd have had such an easy time of it if we hadn't had our jabs.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
On the other hand, I landed in intensive care for a week after having been tested positive for Covid following my second vaccination.

Yes, I am aware some have had a quite negative reaction to this and other vaccines, and as you, one is a friend who also reacted that way to their second jab, though thankfully has recovered.
I, or rather we, do wonder how without any protection, what their particular response to COVID might otherwise have been.

Hope you also have fully recovered.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Hope you also have fully recovered.
Yes, thank you. I was very lucky to have recovered so quickly considering the critical state that I was in when I entered hospital. Three weeks later I was even able to take advantage of a holiday in Crete which had already been booked months earlier. Maybe the two vaccinations that I had before I caught Covid helped to prevent the worst, but I see little point in having any further jabs, despite my age.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Last Friday three of my friends, one man two ladies 70+ had their booster. All spent 24 hours in bed with classic flu symptoms. Today all ok . Strange? None had a previous adverse reaction. Must be something in the new mix?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Last Friday three of my friends, one man two ladies 70+ had their booster. All spent 24 hours in bed with classic flu symptoms. Today all ok . Strange? None had a previous adverse reaction. Must be something in the new mix?
It did not affect me, just a slightly sore arm.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was planning to defer my booster into summer so that the autumn booster would fall near the end of the year. However reading the NHS info I hadn’t realised that the current over 75s booster vaccination programme has a cut off date in June. So I booked mine for last Wednesday.

It was given in an empty shop in a local mall taken over for the purpose. Some aspects that have changed were that no one was wearing a mask, staff or public. You were not required to wait 15 minutes after the jab. In fact such was the speed of processing that the premises were not big enough to hold the required number of people had 15 minutes been required. You were advised not to drive for an hour, which has never been stipulated before. Overall it was very efficient and apart from a sore upper arm yesterday no other effects. It has now become very similar to having the flu jab, a sign of progress in living with the virus.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I was planning to defer my booster into summer so that the autumn booster would fall near the end of the year. However reading the NHS info I hadn’t realised that the current over 75s booster vaccination programme has a cut off date in June. So I booked mine for last Wednesday.

It was given in an empty shop in a local mall taken over for the purpose. Some aspects that have changed were that no one was wearing a mask, staff or public. You were not required to wait 15 minutes after the jab. In fact such was the speed of processing that the premises were not big enough to hold the required number of people had 15 minutes been required. You were advised not to drive for an hour, which has never been stipulated before. Overall it was very efficient and apart from a sore upper arm yesterday no other effects. It has now become very similar to having the flu jab, a sign of progress in living with the virus.
Different advice to mine, they just said, don't drive until you feel you can.

I drove! I felt fine in that respect, (just don't ask me to walk anywhere).

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I had my booster last week. That is five now and no problems. I know that some people do react and they might be better not having this in some cases but to me the chances of serious repercussions from the vaccine is so low covid is more dangerous assuming the serious reactions people refer to are correct and not something that might have happened anyway. I am not trying to make light of the situation but statistically these might happen to anyone.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Different advice to mine, they just said, don't drive until you feel you can.

I drove! I felt fine in that respect, (just don't ask me to walk anywhere).

John
I just walked there and back as its only 4 .5 miles round trip, then in the afternoon I took my grandsons dog for a nice walk along our back lanes But it was getting quite warm by then, and the ditches were dry so i shared my water with him.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I just walked there and back as its only 4 .5 miles round trip, then in the afternoon I took my grandsons dog for a nice walk along our back lanes But it was getting quite warm by then, and the ditches were dry so i shared my water with him.
If only, ------ on a good day, my legs manage about 100 yards in one go.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts