Damaged Vehicle

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hello Everyone
Can any steer me in the right dirction.
" weeks ago I took my car to **** to have a tyre changed. In the process of what was only 45 minutes they managed to damage my car on the quater panel above where they changed the tyre.

I immediately turned around and went back to the autocentre. The managers first response was my guys are honest etc etc.

I wrote a letter of complaint to the head office, a 1 week the manager rang to say they will not take liabilty. To which I said I would be back intouch with the head office.
Someone will be calling me tomorrow.

So what is my next step if they don't repair my car. Not sure where to go to complain or if it's a case of going to court...

what would the options be?

thanks

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I think you'll be on a sticky wicket here, if you left the premises before you noticed the damage. How do you prove it was done at the tyre depot? They will claim you did after you left.
It will come down to an expensive legal fight, and I suspect you will lose.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Emerson

Yeah, it's not a route I would like to go.
but its not an impact dent as they treid to imply it happened in there car park, so cctv rules on that score ...the dent is clearly from above.
they implied it had happened on my drive etc etc.
clearly I will have to see who calls me up don't like doing things over the phone as theres no record of whats been said.

TRENDING THREADS