Decent site around Whitby

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Anyone willing to recommend a decent site in the Whitby area?

Needs to have a good,clean washroom, and not too many hills to climb. OK, I'm asking for the moon and stars - but it's worth a try. brian.f

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I know of two good sites at Scarborough, which isn't that far from Whitby if that helps. Details below, my elderly parents really rate the Camping and Caravanning Club site, they use it regularly for visting the Whitby area.

Try

West Ayton Caravan Club Site

Cockrah Rd

West Ayton

Scarborough

YO13 9JD

England

Telephone -(01723) 862989

OR

The Camping and Caravanning Club

Field Lane

Burniston Road

Scarborough

North Yorkshire

YO13 0DA

01723 366212. No calls after 8pm please.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Like Sonic I can diffinately recommend West Ayton but beware of the A170, it goes via Sutton bank which is a very steep incline not recommended for caravans so you will have to check your route depending where your travelling from.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ladycross plantation near egton is meant to be nice havent been there myself yet though.
Ladycross Plantation used to be managed by the CC until a few yrs. ago. this is a very pleasant place to stay only 4 miles from Whitby and about 3 mile from Grosmont (Heartbeat Country) I have not stayed there since the CC finished looking after the site so whether the facilities are as good I cant comment.

We used to visit this site twice a year for a weekend arriving about 7.00pm on the friday pitched and down to whitby for fish & chips. can still taste them!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ladycross plantation near egton is meant to be nice havent been there myself yet though.
Ladycross Plantation used to be managed by the CC until a few yrs. ago. this is a very pleasant place to stay only 4 miles from Whitby and about 3 mile from Grosmont (Heartbeat Country) I have not stayed there since the CC finished looking after the site so whether the facilities are as good I cant comment.

We used to visit this site twice a year for a weekend arriving about 7.00pm on the friday pitched and down to whitby for fish & chips. can still taste them!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian

I recommend you try the following website it gives honest review from ordinary campers/caravanners. I've found ti very very informative for sites in Whitby and lots of other places in the UK and Europe.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3.asp?search=whitby&by=town
We stayed at the Bay Ness site, between Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay just after Easter 2005. OUR REVIEW OF BAY NESS IS ON THE ABOVE WEBSITE.It is a good, no-frills, site with clean new washrooms and superb all-round seaviews. The coastal path and old railway line walks from Whitby to Robin Hoods Bay run near the site but it is a steep walk down and back to the paths. It is, of course, possible to drive to Whitby, about 3 miles. It is rather a hilly area and we didn't really see any sites that were'nt near hills in one direction or another.

We love the Whitby area and hope you find somewhere that suits you. Happy caravaning.

Regards

Tim

We did look at a number of sites in the area. We found a lot of them to be rather crowded and regimented. We like Bay Ness for its more relaxed set up - choose a pitch over 3 fields.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Sandfield House Farm. It's between Whitby and Sandsend and should be just what you're looking for!!! We stay there regularly and are never dissapointed. Easy walk into Whitby and clean toilet block.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts