Devizes Camping and Caravan Site

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Good evening all

My husband and I looked to join the C&CC some months ago, partly because we like the site at Devizes, but discovered our caravan was too long so cancelled our membership. We are on the verge of changing our van and wondered whether someone would log onto the site and check the maximum permissible outfit length please?

Many thanks

Lesley

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Why don't you give them a ring to ask about max unit size ?

As i cant't see max size.

Here are some of the details :

Address, Contact Details and Map

Devizes

Devizes Camping and Caravanning Club Site

Spout Lane

nr Seend

Melksham

Wiltshire

SN12 6RN

01380 828839

No calls after 8pm please.

Site Managers

Ron Thomas, Tanya Thomas

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Lesley, we took our 7.9m twin axle caravan to Devizes a couple of years ago, and had no trouble with booking whatsoever!

When booking online I always quote the exact length of our 'van, plus drawbar. I can honestly say, we have never been refused a pitch on any C&CC site.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Taken from the C&CCClub Site Policies which is information supplied by the Camping &Caravanning Club:

'There is no maximum length of unit on Club Sites. However, there are some sites that have physical difficulties in accommodating larger units particularly in High Season. On some sites for units over 8m in length, customers should telephone the Holiday Site Manager in advance who will make every effort to accommodate them. This also applies to the total size of all units, including any awning, over 5m in width (with the exception of Jumbo Pitches). '

The information that your caravan was too long is inaccurate Lesley.

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
last time we visited the C & CC at Devizes our credit card was refused by the swipe machine although we knew that there was sufficient funds for the site charges.

The card was swiped several times, another card was used and was accepted.

When I checked our bank statement, we had been charged on the second card and four times on the first card.

Needless to say we have since become wary of a repeat occurence and now prefere to pay by cash. No apologies were ever received.

Rob

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry Robin, but I fail to see the connection between your credit card, and the size of pitches at Devizes!

Has you payment experience stopped you from using this site?

Unfortunately, card machines are not fool proof, and mistakes are made, and I presume you took your complaint to the club, and not just the site?!

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi guys

Thanks for all your help. Our van is in fact 26' 4" (Senator Carolina) which I think equates to a smidge over 8m - so trying to book online and being refused does actually seem right.

Never mind - the van we are looking to buy next is at least 2ft shorter, so we should be ok! :)

Lesley

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts