Discover

May 8, 2009
Visit site
just received a phone call from discover at 7pm regarding some warranty work on our van, to be told our local branch at Orpinton Kent has been closed along with the Herne Bay branch, so we wil have to take it to either Weston Super Mare or Cannock (near Birmingham i think) from our home in Kent for this work to be carried out..

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
best advice is contact the manufacturer direct and let them tell you who you can take it to. ie another dealer who isnt part of the discover gallery of rogues, and who will be closer to you. rather than towing it hundreds of miles to another discover branch who may not be there in a few weeks. just get out now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John Cross in Sussex has posted on a motor home forum that he will take on any warranty works on Swift Group motor homes and caravans.

I am in a similar position that the Portsmouth branch from where I bought my new MH in March is now closed.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that do you have contact details for them please. I am also waiting for a call back from Cranham caravans in Essex who are only 20 miles away from home, considerably closer than the two discover branches at 160 and 175 miles away EACH WAY...

Kevin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John Cross

Motorhome and Camping Centre

www.johncross.co.uk

Battle Road (A21) Robertsbridge East Sussex TN32 5JJ England

Tel 01580 881288 Fax 01580 881588

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John Cross

www.johncross.co.uk

please ignore the web site address it seem to be wrong I will get back with the correct one

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John Cross

www.johncross.co.uk

It is www.johnscross.co.uk/

It is Johns Cross not John Cross as I said originally i.e it is a place not a person. The boss is called Peter and a very nice guy.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
See Forums post in this month's Practical Caravan magazine listed NGH.

Quote from Swift, you can take your caravan to any Swift dealership for warranty work.

Swift say only trained technicians can carry out repairs under warranty, also only at an approved Swift dealership.

Andy of Swift is this correct.

Nigel as Editor you published the extract are we sure that this is the case.

NigelH

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Nigel,

You can have your warranty and servicing done at any Swift Group dealer (or authorised mobile repairer).

However, if the dealer is not the selling dealer it is their decision as to whether or not they are willing to take on the warranty work from another dealer, we cannot force that dealer to do so.

In extreme circumstances (e.g. reloaction from Devon to Scotland) we would intervene and in these kinds of circumstances generally most dealers will take on others warranty work.

We are at present currently reviewing the whole situation (and our authorised mobile engineers) and hope to publish some more information soon,

Best Wishes. Thanks

Andy

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Andy, intersting you say you have authorised mobile engineers, not heard you had any, have you a list that cover the country as l am sure lots would be interested in using mobile engineers for servicing of their vans at their own address.

Anyone on the Forum interested

NigelH

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andy, Nigel,

At present we don't have many authorised mobile engineers, this is someething we are looking into currently and are training new ones starting later this month.

I will get an upto date list and come back,

Many thanks

Andy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Andy

I use an NCC approved mobile workshop here on the Isle of Wight for my 2007 Sprite Alpine as it is difficult and expensive to keep going to the mainland. I understood from the NCC this would be OK, is this correct to keep my warranties etc going?

Hugh

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Hugh,

The mobile engineer must be approved and authorised by Swift.

If you want to email me your mobile engineers details and your details I can check and let you know,

Thanks

Andy

aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
I would be very interested to know if there was an approved mobile engineer in my area (York)

Regards

Andy
hi just had our van serviced on site near York, The mobile service engineer came from Huntington his mobile tel no is 07774873824.He is NCC approved, okd by swift

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Andy, intersting you say you have authorised mobile engineers, not heard you had any, have you a list that cover the country as l am sure lots would be interested in using mobile engineers for servicing of their vans at their own address.

Anyone on the Forum interested

NigelH
Maybe it is time to have a look at the MCEA. they have over 100 engineers in the UK and many follow a Quality standards procedure at least equal to any other standards in the UK. All independent business operators who either give good service or go under.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it is time to have a look at the MCEA. they have over 100 engineers in the UK and many follow a Quality standards procedure at least equal to any other standards in the UK. All independent business operators who either give good service or go under.

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes I know Discover York has not been affected by the closures but the service I have had from them has been very poor over a number of years and so if there is an authorised mobile engineer in my area I would be very interested.

Regards

Andy

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I can never understand why caravan dealers can refuse to carry out warranty work on caravans that have not been purchased from them originally, especially in such circumstances where the dealership closes, because surely they all end up billing the manufacturer for the work - if they are appointed by the manufacturers as a dealer, you would think that they would have an obligation to carry out warranty work on any caravan - you can get warranty work done on your car at any dealership, so why not caravans - its time the manufacturers did something about this situation.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I spoken to Cranham Caravans and looks as though they would be willing to carry out warranty work and servicing but not until later in the year. So we can carry on using the caravan throughout this `scorching summer` we are being promised

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
I was told the reason the non supplying dealer doesn't want to undertake warranty work is that warranty work hourly rate (stipulated and paid by the caravan maker) is lower than the hourly rate they charge for non warranty work.

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
you are quite right that the paid labour rate for warranty repairs is very much lower than the ordinary labour rate. remember as well that a lot of warranty claims are not dealt with or paid by the manufacture but by the component supplier, which creates even more problems and paperwork. this is why some dealers will happily turn customers away with warranty repairs. and unlike the car trade there is NO franchise agreement and no financial aid. so each dealer is his own business, chosing his own trading terms and although a manufacturer may try and apply pressure, they cannot force any dealer to do anything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts