Do you remember........

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Spangles! I loved em, What ever happend to them and do they still make them? Also can you still buy rainbow drops? And what ever happend to savoury viniger flavoured crisps.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Yes, only they're called something else now! Vinegar crisps are still available, and you can buy 2 ounces of rainbow drops from our local shop (they just don't taste the same, and your tongue's not as red when you've eaten them all).

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Can,t seem to get any of these in swansea? Maybe i will try in devon next week. See if you can remember what spangles are called now? Please and thank you. Regards Diane :0) :0) :0)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Ha Ha, took me a minute. Doggy spangles aside, the actual sweet were opaque, in shades of cream and brown. Had a sort of a buttery taste.

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Morrisons near me had big bags of Rainbow Drops buy one get one free at the weekend. I loved spangles too. and Ringo's crisps and Galaxy counters and Texan bars!!!!

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Lol. just my little jke. I think i remember them, they where like butter mints with out the mint part. And a bit like butter scotch but not so sickly?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
How about these .......

Rinso washing powder

Acme wringers

Zal pine fluid disinfectant

Izal bum fodder

Welgar shredded wheat

Ovaltine... I recall going to the kids matinee and singing "we are the Ovaltineys, little girls and boys"

Bunty comic

Dansette record player

Bayko building sets

Eagle comic

Topper comic

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This topic could go on ad infanitum - if you remember back to your younger days and the products that are not now available. Things range from the penny bubble gum to motors such as Armstring Siddely, Humber, etc. etc. Tesco have stopped selling such things as Brasso and Silvo.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Funny you should say that Colin. A little old lady asked me for those product yesterday, And we still sell them!

When i was a little girl we had a morris minor and the Reg was OMO59 So we called it OMO! I loved Texan bars to!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Heres a few to be going on with ......

Park Drive cigarettes

Turf cigarettes

Capstan Full Strength cigarettes

Senior Service cigarettes

Craven A cigarettes

Woodbines cigarettes

Gold Flake cigarettes

Strand cigarettes

Topper comic

Radio Fun comic

Bunty comic

Girls Own comic

Dandy comic

Beano comic

Beezer comic

Reveille

I-Spy books

Famous Five & Secret Seven

Just William

What Katy Did

Knockout annual

Film Fun annual

Champion annual

Rupert the Bear annual

Flowerpot men

Andy Pandy

Mick & Montmorency

Laramie

The Woodentops

Muffin the Mule

Whats my Line

Listen with Mother

Family favourites

Larry the Lamb & Toytown

Billy Cotton Band show

Workers Playtime

Educating Archie

Bayko building sets

Ludo

Beetle drives

Mr Potato men

Tri-ang toys

Pedigree toys

Dinky toys

Hillman Minx

Sunbeam Rapier

Pepsident

Gibbs S.R.

Haliborange tablets

Beechams powders

Virol

Lifebuoy soap

Hudsons soap

Izal bum fodder

Zal pine disinfectant

Rinso washing powder

Omo washing powder (wonder why that vanished)

Surf washing powder

Tide washing powder

Acme wringers

Rael Brook shirts

Mr. Therm gas

Dansette record player

Welgar Shredded wheat

Sun-Pat salted nuts

Libbys fruit salad & Carnation milk

Ovaltine ..... "we are the Ovaltineys, little girls and boys"

I remember singing that at the local flea pit morning matinee then watching Flash Gordon, Hopalong Cassidy, Tex Ritter or Gabby Hayes.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
How about these .......

Rinso washing powder

Acme wringers

Izal bum fodder

Welgar shredded wheat

Ovaltine... I recall going to the kids matinee and singing "we are the Ovaltineys, little girls and boys"

Bunty comic

Dansette record player

Bayko building sets

Eagle comic

Topper comic
Don't know what happened there, stooooopid bloody site, it vanished as I was typing it out. Had to start again :O(

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
How about these .......

Rinso washing powder

Acme wringers

Izal bum fodder

Welgar shredded wheat

Bunty comic

Dansette record player

Bayko building sets

Eagle comic

Topper comic
Yes, remember them all except the Welgar! Bayko especially - we spent many hours building up the rods and bricks, and making 'posh' houses with them!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Valerie I recently sold my Bayko on Ebay. Rather than sell them as complete sets I broke them down into windows, doors, white bricks, red bricks, rods etc. I sold the lot and from memory made around

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It was that shiny bog roll that we used to call 'John Wayne' paper cos it was rough & tough & it took s**t from nobody

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Woo Hoo Spangles ..... I remember them. The name was changed to ...........

(drum roll or a long and VERY annoying pause by Ant an Dec whilst waiting for the result)

STARBURST

I think !!

Steve

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
I had a surprise on my last birthday in that my daughter-law sent me a large box of about 8 differant varieties of old time sweets.Apparentley there is a firm in uk which on the internet sells them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts