Dunnet Bay Caravan Club Site - Scottish Highlands

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dorothy

I was there for a week in 2007. A truly pretty site. There's a gate that leads directly onto the beach , a 30 second walk, where you can run your dogs for miles. Very pretty setting. The facilities were fully refurbished in 2006 when the CC took over the site. Thus you can expect top quality modern CC standards.

When I was there the Wardens were personally collecting the daily newspapers for us.

Loads to see up there and of course you must not miss a tour of Castle of Mey. A delight.

There's a pub up the road, about 1/2 a mile away that does reasonable meals.

Enjoy.

Cheers

Alan

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
When to Dunnet bay a few years ago , lovely site with some pitches looking out to sea if you pitch nose in. Peace , quiet and tranquility. Plus even though it is on the nothern tip of Scotland it is a pleasant drive north from Inverness.

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
We satyed there a couple of years ago. I agree with the comments about Castle of Mey and a trip to Orkney both well worth doing. One tip I would also give is don't forget to strap down your awning, it can get very windy up there.Have a great time.

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for all your comments it sounds lovely and we will make sure we take in all the places suggested. The fact you can take the dogs on the beach is a real bonus. We are going up in a family group of 5 vans so I can pass on the good news that its a great site. We will all be tying down the awnings with storm straps as were nearly blown away last year in Barmouth.

Thank again. Dorothy

Feb 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dorothy,

Also been to the site and agree with all the other comments. If anyone who you are going with is interested in water sports then this is a great site. The off shore swell is amazing and Dunnet bay is on the pro surfing circuit. You can get gear at the surf shop in Thurso.

One thing to bear in mind and that I found suprising was how far it is north of Inverness - it is a long long road.

Hope you have a gret time

Best wishes Alison

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts