Elddis Crusader Super Storm

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi, new member of the forum and looking for feedback from anyone who currently has this model.

Current model is an Elddis Avante Dealer Special Edition (basically it was an Avante 505 with upgraded interior and extra kit for less money).

Had no problems with build quality etc over the 5 years owned and decided to stay loyal to the brand despite the Bailey Senator and a few others being very appealing.

I have trawled the site and whilst I have found some general comments on the Crusader there is little direct feedback from someone who has actually owns and has lived with the layout.

Appealing to us was the ability to have 4 single beds and 2 bunks as occasionally we are joined by one of the set of grandparents now that we have a one years old. Additionally the thought of being able to close off the back area and leave this as a bedroom whilst relaxing in the l shaped lounge was also attractive.

I have read mixed feedback on L shaped lounge however the additional floor space this creates will allow us to use a travel cot for the little one for the next year anyway if the cot guard system recommended elsewhere on the Forum is does not work for us.

I have heard a few people express a dislike for L shaped lounges when sitting watching Tv etc due to the rake of the window and at meal times so any feedback would be appreciated. I believe this model was previously available with a parallel lounge however this option has been removed.

Many Thanks

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Some friends of ours have a 2006 Superstorm and they are delighted with it, particularly as it has been down to Spain and back. I have had a good look at it myself, and build quality is fine. This is the one with the shower unit as big as some en suites at home! I'm not sure that I would personally go for the L shape lounge myself, but it certainly works for them. Where the TV is placed seems fine. They like to close off the end bedroom section at night and this van is ideal for them as the kids can have their own TV/Playstation going at the other end.

Jul 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi.

We've got a 2006 Superstorm and we love it. We found the layout very flexible as the rear bedroom can be made up as two singles or a huge double or to singles and two bunks or even a double and two bunks ( the double can easily accomodate 3 if you so wish).

I had some concerns over the L shaped lounge, I love the extra space it provides but had reservations about seating for dining and headroom .

Concern No1 was solved by putting the table at the rear saloon.

Concern No2 about headroom is not a problem unless you are very tall and sit in line with a window frame (easily avoided).

The L saloon is very sociable and great when lounging around or watching TV.

For sleeping arrangement the L shape converts into a nice double bed, alternatively it can be used as two singles with the taller person sleeping transversly. However Two tall people may have a problem sleeping like this, I'm just over 5'10" and my wife is 5'6" and we have no problem with this arrangement.

The build quality and equipment levels are very good, the bathroom is superb, the privacy windows keep the interior cooler and private. The Superstorm tows beautifully but the only draw back is that it is heavier tha most similar sized vans and needs a hefty tow car (I use a 3.2 did Shogun).

Would I swap this van? No, we took a long time looking at vans which met our criteria and the Superstorm stood out head and shoulders above the rest, but it was also the dearest. A very good deal was struck with Mendip caravans and we took delivery in August. We had a great two weeks in France with it and look forward to a busy year with it. I bought a blue Bradcot Classic awning to go with the van and the combination provides the space of a holiday home without the costs.

Hope this is of help to you in making up your mind.

Regards

Steve

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Stephen, I quote

( the double can easily accomodate 3 if you so wish).

any chance of you elaborating on this subject or would it be too risky!!!!

Kevin H

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Stephen - thanks for the response.

Has helped alay the few reservations I had about the practicalities of the layout.

I have already placed my order and assuming no delays will take delivery in March. Like yourself I spent a great deal of time considering this make and model and having had no problems with my current Elddis decided on the Crusader.

Even looked at a few German brands and whilst the build quality was commendable the interiors felt rather bland (in my opinion).

I will be towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee as even with the MTPLM of the Crusader this will allow me to keep to the 85% rule but also considered the Shogun.

Again thanks for the response, always useful to hear first hand from someone who acually owns the make and model being considered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts