Elddis Diamond wheel locks - a pain or is it me ?

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have just picked up my new van and it has the factory supplied Diamond wheel locks. ( x 2 )

It is a twin axle van as was my previous van - which had Alko locks.

I can live with the whole jacking the van up affair however when removing the Alko's it was easy and uneventful and no jacking required , however I have developed a complete new range of swear words with these diamond locks.
When you jack the van up and fit the locks and then lower it the suspension/movement gives a slight rotation of the wheels on touch down , you cannot then remove the locks without jacking up again ! this is driving me mad - what am I doing wrong ?

Andy

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
As you have already pointed out the suspension moves when lowered, the trick is to adjust the wheel so when you lower it the locks line up. Takes some practice but once you know where to position the wheels , it becomes easy

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
These can really be a pain but once you sort out a technique that works for you it makes it a doddle.
As already stated line up the wheel so it rotates the way you need it for easy removal, please do it just before the tyre contacts the ground to minimise the movement.

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok, worth a try , you guys have obviously mastered it.
Jacking up to fit is ok but to have to do it to remove !!

Out of interest what are the 2 long ears supposed to do ?? My wife suggested they were there to hit with a hammer lol

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Good point, that got me thinking you could use a crowbar to give some play to allow you to unlock them.
otherwise I assume they are there to be friendly to rabbits. Hehehe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts