Electricity cost in UK

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Pretty sure this thread was started with a question about EVs. Just checking, and - Yes - it was. It was started in the Chit-chat section, open to any topic. Don't want to engage - scroll on by. The mouse wheel is in your command!

In the mean time - those who do want to engage will continue to answer questions like Dusty's who have genuine interest, and I for one, am happy to help with my knowledge based on lived experience, rather that conjecture and guesswork.
I started the thread Tobes . I wondered if the electricity cost disparity with Europe would affect EV sales. I further made it very clear I had no wish to reopen a hostile EV debate. See also #57
But I am interested in certain aspects and appreciate the answers,
My son is making use of his new Volvo XC40 EV. Far better than the Vauxhall Vivaro van but range is still a restriction compared to my ICE especially winter.
Anyway if I or anyone else wants to start a new EV thread there’s plenty to discuss no matter what side you are on,

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I had read your post first time around but I’ve yet to see any substantial evidence that even early EVs had to have battery replacement in the 10 year timescale. It was primarily initial conjecture when journalists were unaware of what the life of a battery would be. I really don’t care what folks think about the Nissan Leaf but given by the numbers of 10 years plus on Autotrader Nissan got something right on one of the earliest main stream EVs.
Do you know how to use Google? :ROFLMAO:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Do you know how to use Google? :ROFLMAO:
I'm immune to sarcasm :(

This article may explain why Nissans plans to repurpose used batteries into domestic battery stores hasn't made much progress. The batteries are mostly still in service. I would expect other makes of battery are similarly still inservice.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
My Lithium Solar battery, of a similar type to an EV has a 6000 cycle warranty. At a cycle a day which is more than is normal that's over 16 years. That's just the warranty I fully don't expect them to stop before the 6001 cycle.

Oct 11, 2023
Visit site
I'm immune to sarcasm :(

This article may explain why Nissans plans to repurpose used batteries into domestic battery stores hasn't made much progress. The batteries are mostly still in service. I would expect other makes of battery are similarly still inservice.

Our previous 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV after just over 3 years including towing no deterioration of battery performance and range, they are obviously getting better.

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts