Eliddis Avante 840 - What size of Isabella Awning do I need?

Jan 20, 2024
Visit site
Hi all

Can I get your thoughts on what size of Isabella Awning I should go for to fit my caravan. Will any size fit? I would like something on the larger size but doesn't necessarily have to be the full size of caravan.

Thanks as always

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
For a full size, simply look up the ‘A’ size in the handbook.

For a porch. Decide where you want it, front, back, or middle, over the door or not. Then find a size, if possible, that avoids going over windows.

It is a matter of preference, and there are too many choices for me to suggest any.

Also, consider what depth you want.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have a large twin axle like yours and found it a big hassle to erect a full size awning just for a few days. If on a seasonal site not an issue.

We have a Isabella Magnum porch awning and find it offers us more than enough room for a table chairs etc.

Reactions: Mark T

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
According to Google a brand new Avante 840 full awning size is 1090. This is known as the A size. However you need to double check for your year of van.
Isabella sizing can also be found here

If you just want a porch awning then you need a tape measure and your van in the same place. Measure how much straight rail you have and where the windows are, as you will probably want to avoid the walls crossing windows on a seasonal pitch to avoid annoyance and scratching. Compare this measurement with available porch awning sizes.

If it was me, on a seasonal pitch I would go for a full awning. Better space, better draught seal. As you will only be putting it up once a year, the downside of managing a full awning is negated.
Mel

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
What size you want is probably more down to why you want it. If it is just to provide some shelter by the door then a small one will do. If you are looking at keeping things in it or using it to sit in then look at what you will put in it and add a bit as you will underestimate and go for that. Do check the side measurements to avoid windows if you can though you can manage with windows partly covered but it is not good practice.
A large porch awning has the advantage of usually being capable of being transferred to your next caravan assuming you do not seriously down size where a full awning may not. An Isabella does not come cheap, so transferring to the next caravan is good.

Reactions: Mark T and RogerL
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Can I get your thoughts on what size of Isabella Awning I should go for to fit my caravan. Will any size fit? I would like something on the larger size but doesn't necessarily have to be the full size of caravan.

Thanks as always
From past experience we have various types of awnings to meet the needs at that time, friends of ours have a Isabella porch awning which reaches to the side window of the van so easy to put up . The larger version of awning can accommodate more items but require longer to take down At the end of the day you need to assess your own needs when on site, Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts