End washroom and awning how to empty loo

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Please advise how to fit an awning on a 2003 Arizona with end washroom if i pull awning tight it obstructs the door to empty the loo if i leave it a bit loose or unpegged i get a bow in the roof which holds water.

what is the correct way of securing the end bits.

thanks in anticipation

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Phil, We used to have a Pageant Bordeaux with the toilet door on the awning side. When putting the peg in i used to leave it sticking up a bit so I could unhook the awning when I wanted to empty the loo. Even if I left the peg out I never suffered with a problem with the roof, all I can suggest is adjusting the position of the awning pole against the caravan.

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
thanks for your reply but we park up for the season 25 miles from home and like to leave the awning up and we are on stoney sloping ground and struggle to get any tension on roof.

how are the end bits by the van supposed to go i have seen some very neat and tight.

cant ask anyone else as only ones on site/farmers field type!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Phil, Looking at the plan of your Arizona and size of awning it was the same as our Bordeaux. What make and size of awning are you useing. We used a Dorema Sirrocco size 12 and we had no trouble getting the roof tight. If we are talking about the same piece that folds in against the caravan and obstructs the loo door, on ours it made no difference to the roof tension if pegged or unpegged, as the side of the awning is pegged anyway. All I can suggest is to experiment with the position of the poles against the caravan. You say your on sloping ground, with the caravan level you will need to pull the awning through the rail further to one side to compensate. Without actually seeing your set up it's a bit of a job to give you an accurate answer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts