Ever felt lucky on tour?

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Touring mishaps happen – but have you ever felt protected by a higher force? Think I'm talking mumbo jumbo? Check out Martin Robert's latest blog here. Have you any similar stories you'd like to share?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The luckiest people we ever met had an old motorhome. They had stayed on a site near Bristol for a week before finding they could not start it when they went to leave. The answer was they had a fuel leak and they had been dripping petrol all week and could easily have gone up in smoke at any time.
They did have a lucky star as on another occasion they managed to tear up a lottery ticket with five numbers on it and still have enough of the bar code to get paid out.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
have you ever felt protected by a higher force?
yeah too many times to count, but hey that's life, most memorable with the van was going though Sterling passing a junction, when a car crashed into the central bollard, making the wheel come off, this in turn carried on rolling at high speed right toward us, I braked hard waiting for a big bang, when the wheel hit a cats eye in the middle of the road making it bounce up, and it went straight over the A frame, between the car and the van without touching either.
thought that was lucky, but as many thing in life win some lose some, we we lucky, however the guy walking on the pavement. who stopped to see what was going on got hit by the wheel.and sustained a broken hip.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi Lizzie, your welcome, although to be honest it is the bizarre moments that have you wondering not just a question of luck suppose everyone has had those, like the car not starting in the morning, no matter what you do, then after 10 mins it goes as normal only to find out 1 mile up the road there has been an accident that happened a few minuets before,
or your driving down the road, see a car pull up to a side road , and a little voice in your head says "slow down he's not going to stop, so you slow down and sure enough, the car pulls straight out in front of you.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Many many years back, when our girls were still at junior school, my parents had been to Jerusalem on a tour (in safer days) and had brought back both girls a very intricate silver bracelet each. Packing for one of our earlier caravan holidays I noticed both girls wearing the bracelets and warned them they were likely to lose them as they were quite loose (to be grown into). However, they insisted on taking them.

On the first day, we had tears as the oldest had lost the bracelet, somewhere in the wood between the van and a Loch, a distance of about 40 feet, and a very steep bank down to the water. Two weeks later, packing to go home, it was a beauty of a night and the moon shining on a very still Loch, I went for a last longing look and stood at the top of the bank looking out. Suddenly, my feet went from under me and I shot down the bank bouncing and rolling, and landed, totally stunned and winded at the bottom. In between laughing and thinking what a prat I was alternately, I looked to my side and saw something glinting in the moonlight, and there was the bracelet. I truly believe the almighty wanted me to find it, but he could have been a tad more gentle.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the Spirit of Caravanners visit me on the middle lane M6 when I had a puncture on the van. This produced a major snake ( the first, and hopefully last, of a long caravan career).The outfit took up the whole three lanes, but the Spirit took over in the form of the lorry driver I had just overtaken.He moved into the middle lane with hazards on, slowing the traffic, and leaving me plenty of space to bring the outfit back under control, and safely to the shoulder. I don't know who the guy was, but I'll never forget him!
I guess he might have been a fellow caravanner!

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
We had a very similar experience to emmerson but on the M4 on the elevated section near Slough where you can see Windsor Castle.
On another occasion a fellow caravanner flagged us down as we were about to leave a motorway service station to point out that on of the caravan tyres was very soft.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts