External light Elddis Avanta 840

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
Hi all bit of a problem out side light on the left hand side of caravan staying on not the awning light I can switch that of but can’t find switch fo other side

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi all bit of a problem out side light on the left hand side of caravan staying on not the awning light I can switch that of but can’t find switch fo other side
The awning light is on the "left" or near side of the caravan. The switch for the offside light is the on next to the awning light switch. That is the configuration on our Elddis van.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’ve tried ever switch the awning light over the door can be switch of but the other light on the opposite sid won’t switch off
What year is the caravan? The other switch for the offside light also lights up the light on the A frame if you have one. It works off the 12v so if you switch off the 12v, it will switch off so there should be no issues when it is on storage.

If you prise off the surround for the switches, you can remove the actual switch, but make sure that the 12v is switched off as it can give you a very nasty jolt even though it is only 12v. If you have no electrical knowledge whatsoever, get someone with a bit of expertise of electrics to check the switch. If the switch is faulty, you will need to change the whole switch.

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
Hi Buckman it a 2018 the large switch inside the door isn’t doing anything it’s just come Bach after a recall first time out I’ll get on to the company tomorrow see what they say thank anyway

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Buckman it a 2018 the large switch inside the door isn’t doing anything it’s just come Bach after a recall first time out I’ll get on to the company tomorrow see what they say thank anyway
Ours is a 2018 so probably same layout. It is a double switch. For simplicity and to make sure we are talking about the same thing, it is the big round switch, but is actually two switches. The other switch is the 12v switch and the interior overhead lights and is also 2 switches.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Apologies I am not familiar at all with that setup? Maybe time to have a chat with the dealer that sold the caravan to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts