FAO Watson(JohnG)

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
From your kind replys on the Fiamma I see you have an Oklahoma.

As we are probably going to order a new Oklahoma (instead of the Indiana) but have not been able to view yet, can you advise on the following.

Is there a side unit next to the wardrobe just as you come in the door?

I think the TV sits up quite high - is it easy enough to view from the front seats in the lounge area?

Thanks

Janet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi again Janet

As you come in through the door there is the microwave half way up with a cupboard aboveand two drawers and the fire below.

Next to that is the wardobe with a big(deep)cupboard underneath(door on the front).

Opposite that and below the TV area is a huge cupboard under the work top next to the cooker.

I have modified the shelf and put a clothes rail in there that takes all my shirts and trousers thus leaving more room in the wardrobe for dresses

We bought an LCD 15in TV which can be angled downwards .The only comfortable way to watch is lying down on the seats or in bed.

I replaced the plastic turntable with a metal one from B & Q and the TV is bolted to it and remains in the van for the season.

We have had the Oklahoma 12months and can thoroughly recommend it.

Hope that helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi again Janet

As you come in through the door there is the microwave half way up with a cupboard aboveand two drawers and the fire below.

Next to that is the wardobe with a big(deep)cupboard underneath(door on the front).

Opposite that and below the TV area is a huge cupboard under the work top next to the cooker.

I have modified the shelf and put a clothes rail in there that takes all my shirts and trousers thus leaving more room in the wardrobe for dresses

We bought an LCD 15in TV which can be angled downwards .The only comfortable way to watch is lying down on the seats or in bed.

I replaced the plastic turntable with a metal one from B & Q and the TV is bolted to it and remains in the van for the season.

We have had the Oklahoma 12months and can thoroughly recommend it.

Hope that helps
http://www.bailey-caravans.co.uk/senator/senator.htm

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
John - thanks for your reply. The Oklahoma sounds great and can't wait to see it.

The way you modified the cupboard next to the cooker is a brilliant idea - can you do the same for ours when we get one (ha, ha)!

I am just worried about myself, hubby and the 2 kids sitting watching the TV together on the front seats.

Anyhow, thanks again for all your kind help - will let you know what I think of van when I view it soon.

Best wishes

Janet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think that our age and wife's Parkinsons makes us less mobile than younger fitter people and so you should find watching TV no problem.

We find that it is uncomfortable to sit with heads turned sharply to the side but younger necks would fare better !!!

We have Sky+ in the van which is just as well as we can record and then watch the end of programs when we wake up after falling asleep in the comfy reclined position on the comfy seats !!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A problem with the TV is the distance away for the sound .

You have to have the volume "up" so that it was a concern about other vans nearby.

Another "mod" was called for.

We now have the TV sound coming out of the front radio speakers via a Maplins speaker change over switch and a small amplifer(computer extension speaker works!)

The sound now is now fantastic and volume is not a problem for neighbours as the speaker is directly above the sleeping viewers head!

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Richard and John for you replys.

John I think you should be working for the caravan manufacturers' design teams - you could certainly give them a few good ideas!!!!

My poor hubby will probably pass out when he finds out what is expected of him ................... !!!!!!!!!

Thanks again

Janet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My friend has a Bordeaux and stores up mods for when we go away together.

Its all part of the fun.

He never tires of telling the story of when he got a new Elddis and drove to a site at Stratford where we proceeded to cut holes in various places much to the amazement of another caravanner.

The look on that blokes face is often repeated.

Its all done in the best possible taste !!!

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi John - we have put deposit down on Oklahoma today and expected delivery is middle of February.

Love the van and there is lots of storage room.

Thanks for all your previous help ........... one last question - what do you do with the fixed bed mattress over the winter storage to prevent it getting damp?

Thanks

Janet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janet we feel that the Oklahoma is the best van we have had in 40 years caravaning and I hope that you enjoy yours as much.

We leave the fixed bed in the van with a greenhouse 60 watt heater on a timer.

The fixed bed is quite awkward to make so we have a fitted sheet over the mattress held on with clip on braces!!

We then have a 2in sponge overlay which fits exactly for width and length inside a single duvet cover with a double duvet on the top of us.

The cut of corner piece is just folded under and fixed with safety pins.

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Thanks again for all your tips John - I'm sure we will enjoy the van. Just can't wait for first trip out especially as we have never had the luxury of a fixed bed before!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts