ferry from rosyth

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
I recently e-mailed the company that operates from Roysth to Zebrugge for a price for a family of 4 for the month of July 2006 - i eagerly waited on the reply when it came i had to have a wee lay down!! wait for it a cool £841.40 ouch!!!! and that was with an early bird discount!!!! any other options available?

Yvonne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we stay in Troon and I teach so need school holidays. We got a quote for early July which was similar if not more ... we wrote off France until the caravan club leaflet came through the door at the weekend - Norfolkline

G

As a fellow Scot I sypathise. i used to live in Aberdeen and it was a long, long 8 hour drive to Hull for the nearest ferry in the good?? old days. Now I live in Edinburgh so not a great deal better. I have noticed tho' a similarity between fares for Superfast, DFDS out of Newcastle and the old North Sea Ferries route from Hull. There would be no collusion between the Companies would there??

The further south you go the cheaper it becomes, down to market forces I suppose.

If you have 2 drivers then drive to the south and get the cheaper fares. If you have kids then I would suggest save up and pay it, the thought of 8-10 hours with the offspring in the back still gives me shudders. Maybe tho' I was slightly lucky. In those days I had a motorhome with a luton and we used to put the kids (5 - 8 year olds) to bed at the back of teatime and get a good few peaceful hours driving done until 11pm when we both crashed in as well. With a caravan you canot do that.

By the way have a look at Eurotunnel as well. They do some cheap single fares and it only takes 35 minutes to cross.

Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
Yvonne

We used this ferry last summer for a holiday in France booked through The Camping and Caravan Club we got a good discount on this crossing. only two complaints, you dont get out of the docks till almost lunch time which means late arival in France, secondly there isn't much to do once you have had you'r meal which is not cheap.

Go Hull or Dover.

Bryan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks for the help shall check out hull route and perhaps the DVD for the weans!!
Perhaps the problem is that the only sailings that have been discussed so far on this thread are in peak summer July and August. A ferry service needs year round business to be viable and for that needs other business not just people looking for a "cheepie" in peak summer when the world and his wife want to travel.

All things considered I thought the original price approx

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Yvonne like steve i stay about 10mins from rosyth and have used this crossing once, just to say i had done it. i didnt take the van either, its a great boat but most certinly not worth the money they are asking for the fare. I always go down to dover -calais and with the discount the Caravan Club gives you its a far better alternative. I've also done the Newcastle - Immudjen run too but think there also expensive tho not as much as superfast. I'd rather spend the extra money on treats than on the ferry.

Jan 25, 2006
Visit site
We have used this crossing about 4 times now over the years, travelling all over europe camping. Admittedley it is way more pricey than the shorter crossings down south but feel its a good start to the holidays especially if you're from the North of Scotland. The ferry is immaculate in every way. We have now moved up into the world of caravanning and have booked a crossing from Rosyth in september for two + car + van + dog =

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts