filtapac housing setup

May 12, 2019
Visit site
recently i had to replace the filtapac housing on an elddis odessy 420. stupid thing i didnt take a picture of the connections on the back befor i replaced it so now the housing is fitted i dont have a clue which pipe goes were
any one help me please

May 12, 2019
Visit site
2m2ucfb.jpg

2ym6d7b.png

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are unsure about the blue hose with the inline connector which is at the top in your first picture, it should go the the elbow connector on the end of the filter housing which is currently unconnected. That will feed only filtered water to the cold taps.

The other lower pipe comming from the inlet housing is unfiltered water which should only be connected to the cold water inlet side of the water heater. In your case it should go to the yellow drain valve before it enters the heater.

If you are changing the inlet fitting, and the new one only has a single outlet, then you will need to fit a tee piece to teh new fitting, and both blue pipes will connect to it.

May 12, 2019
Visit site
thanks for the reply.is it possible to blank the lower connection of the filterpac housing and have the water filterd or do both connections have to be connected
thanks in advanced

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The simple answer is yes, but I wonder why?

It may help to understand that the filter system you have does not purify water, it mainly prevents small particles from getting through, and it can reduce some problems of taste or smell with poor quality water, but its no where as effective as a table top filter jug.

In fact there is a consensus that if you are only caravanning in the UK there is no real need for an inline water filter at all. Many caravanners remove the clear plastic cap from the cartridge and just fit that to keep the system sealed and functional but without the filter.

If you have any doubt about the safety of water for drinking, it is safer to have bottled water.

I suggest simply making the top blue pipe connection to the end of the filter housing, and when the filter is expired (normally 30 days usage) and then just use the clear plastic end cap to seal the system.

If you do decide to filter all the water, you will need to join both blue pipes to the upper connection, but you will also have to ensure the lower connectio is fully closed off, otherwise you will flood the area when the pump runs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts