First Caravan

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi All

I would love some advice on what kind of caravan to buy, I initially wanted a twin axle as I thought it would tow better, however a friend of mine said this is a bad idea because some sites will not allow vans over a certain length, also any advice on what to look out for would be very welcome. I will be towing it with a Range Rover so size shouldnt be an issue.

Thanks in advance

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The best caravan to buy would be one with a layout that suits your requirements fitted with the equipment and appliances that you want at a price that you can afford. I tow a t/a caravan which has an overall length of 26 feet and I've never had a problem nor would I expect to.
Set you budget and have a look round caravan dealers forecourts to find the sort of layout that suits your requirements (how many berths, end washroom or central, twin dinette or fixed bed etc).

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
There are several points to consider before buying a caravan. The range rover will handle vans with ease,
but is this your 1st van?
Do you have experience towing?
If not you might wish to consider a smaller van to start with. I have a 26ft t/a never had a problem with sites, however I always check access roads in advance . Have to say though I started with a little 14ft van over 20 years ago and each time i chaged the van the replacement was a bit bigger.
Moving a t/a of the van can also be an issue I find a mover an excellent investment

PR

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi.. we have just bought a 2006 Baileys Ranger 470/4 as our first van, as we decided it is probably best to start small, even though it will be towed by our Discovery or Freelander2. Then if all goes well we will get a larger one in a couple of years when we have more experience.

Paul and Lizzie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts