Fleetwood Van

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering about others veiws on this paticular van.
Went to a caravan show yesterday and looked at the Fleetwood Sonata Sympony 2008 model and the OH fell in love with the layout.
Resisted the temptation (just) to impulse buy. Two questions come to mind;
As Fleetwood went into liquidation back in 2009 are parts etc still readily availible?
Does any one know of another make/model with the same layout, fixed bed at rear R/H/S, shower/toilet L/H/S, Dinette/bunks middle
large U shape front seating/bed,
Thanks for any info

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi kev. Can't say much about Fleetwood but the layout you describe is available on a single axle on the Eldis Avante 526, the Lunar Lexon 570 (i think that is the right model) and the Adria adora (can't remember the model number, ??612 DT). The compromise for the single axle is that the lounge is not huge and the washroom/wetroom is bijou!!
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Mel, just looking at the layouts you have mentioned in the PC mag, and yes think they are pretty much the same, the Fleetwood was a single axle but didnt have the front chest, more sort of U shape seating.
oh well there could be the comprimise, tee hee
Thanks again.
Kev

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi
There is a dealer near us who still has new fleetwoods for sale. Have had a look inside and must say they are well put together and have good layouts. He has twin and single axel models, only thing is he still asking the new price for them so think that is why he still got them. They look nice vans but wouldnt pay the full price for a 2 year old van.

Dougie...

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dougie, the van yesterday was a 2008 model and asking price was £9,995.00 and like you thought they had a good quality build
on that basis with the two year old van think it would be hard to sell at full price, also the worry of parts etc.
But I do believe they were built by Adria in slovenia, does any one know if there are any problems with Adria?

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
the adria adora 612up is the same as the fleetwood but doesnt have alloys we looked at both and went for the adria
fantastic van

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thats one of my concerns about spare parts- thanks wigandiver

Herb, what I cant understand is the vans are more or less the same, built by Adria, and Fleetwood went into liquidation and Adria are still going.
Have you had any problems with parts. servicing etc???
Kev

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
no problems with servicing or any spares needed but only need one thing when i snapped mixer tap on sink phoned broad lane up
new tap arrived 2days later . as for servicing there know different to any other van to service its all truma heating etc fridges and cookers all well know makes .body work better than most vans on market.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Could not miss this chanceto help a old buddy adria took over fleetwood and phased them out the last vans were adrias with all the extras badged fleetwoods.The build quality is great and the polly sides and roof are great no more dents. It was the on with the car on the Roof in the photo before bailey .
The light wieght and delta chassie is great the one you may be on about is the 542dl adria the same but lower spec parts are not a problem. I have had to wait for 2 weeks max for a shower door that in the end was fixed at dealer in 20 mins but they ordered a door in case (big up for venture caravans daventry) could not be a better dealer to buy from my opinion. I have a new adria adora 612 dp at 1500kgs all up on a single axle its 7.98 mtrs long big van light and keept same tow car big pay load i love it only problem what adria do i buy next because thats what it will be for me (parts not a problem no 4 in the caravan top sales i am lead to belive)try high bridge near you have a look at there web site. They are a modern look with continental design and technoligy but uk spec. I think you will love it but the price you said was what i was going to pay for a 2009 i looked at the same van as you and could not decide and lost out by 2 hours when i made my mind up (gutted) never mind mrs gump found a new 612dp for £2500 more (ten i was really gutted).

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Forest really is nice of you to give me a reply, the one I looked at was 1700kg but the payload was 415kg, massive compared to the 215kg I have at the moment. As you say buddy massive van, loads of space, I could sleep under the bed and get a decent nights kip
smiley-laughing.gif
. As said went to the show basically for a few hours out and now I 'm thinking of trading in Abbey for a newer model!!
We were to have the opportunity to change in September but seriosly thinking of doing it sooner. Thanks again will look at the web site highbridge tomorrow .

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Kev you must be looking at the642up have a look at all the range even have a look at theolder adiva lush van if its for four they have vans with moving rear beds we have a island bed al come with memory foam beds try a 2008/9 adiva .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Forest it was a six berth, dont know if you have the PC mag if you do its the E3 layout.
Will have to do more searching as we could manage with a four birth but did like the space etc on the six birth.
By the way do the crocs come as standard or do I have to pay extra????? Thats if I'm allowed a pair LOL
Looks like I've got a busy week ahead.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
I purchashed my Adria altea 542dt from Highbridge and found them very good to deal with. My Adria is great and really well built, I did have to wait a long time for my extra cushion for the seating but that was made in this country!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We had a look at the Adria 612DT at the NEC - and almost bought it a year or two ago. Like this one: http://www.tenbytourers.co.uk/2011_Adria_Adora_612_DT/2011_adria_adora_612_dt.html - rear fixed bed, side washroom, bunks down the side, lovely pull out kitchen unit. The current new price is £16,435 (includes £495 deliver). I think we were going to pay a little over £12k!
Our neighbour on our storage site has the equivalent Fleetwood - and has had it a couple of years. It looks narrower than the Adria, however, and he's altered the sofas at the front, though, because he said they were two narrow to sit comfortably. I can't find the 'width' of the Adria, nor the Fleetwood, but I would check this out before considering buying.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought our Fleetwood the year before they went bust. Any parts that we have needed up till now we have sourced from the manufacturers directly. We have found people like Dometic very willing to deal directly with us in warranty situations.
The build quality is very good compared with similar vans with the usual faults that you seem to find with all vans.
Adria took over Fleetwood and when the company stopped trading they just wiped their hands of any responsibility to Fleetwood customers. Yes we know that Adria is not Fleetwood but they were the parent company. I suppose it's to much to expect them to come forward to take over warranties and spares supply for their junior company.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Kevyou must be lokking at the 612dt 1620kgs 6 berth 320 pay load ask for a price on some unsold 2009 /2010 great deals and the bunks are wide width is 2.29 a little widder than most vans only by a gnats dangly bits .
Loads off eletric socketts and storage very warm and its great to be able to stan d on roof to clean it(i like it up there )up on the roof that was the driffters i think. no you dont get the crocs you only get the by appointment by HRH the queen for service to the crap shoe industry.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
was it a origanl fleetwood if so they where not as wide and the new ones that a re a adria same boady shell ,the adria type fleetwood was coverd by adria warrenty that i looked at no problem.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Val, interesting point on the widths thanks for that. And yes FG it was an original Fleetwood think thats why it was at 1700 kg as the newer 612dt is as you say lighter.
I am so confused at the moment I could pull my hair out (whats Left).
Looked around a bit earlier and just like you FG the prices are around £2.0000 MORE!!!!
Should have listened to the OH just for once in my life.
Hmmm---------- Drifters
that could have been me in the Fleetwood

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Kev look on the venture carvan web site just to clear your mind they even have a 2007 adiva the old fleetwood total diffrent shape from adria will not have the back up .Look at some 2009/10 at large disscounts still new vans yes the adria is a lot lighter.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Cheers FG, the 2007 model is under offer -- Story of my life.
Thats it ,tomorrow I'm gonna ring the dealer who was at the show and ask if it was sold or not.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Kev i take it it was the real fleetwood the pointed front type if so ask about warranty and parts did you look at the altea they are a real good price and van .

TRENDING THREADS