Fleetwood Van

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Herb, can you clarify this question, think I have worked out that they were built in the following order.
1st --Fleetwood Symphony
2nd --Adora 612up
3rd---Adora 612dt (current model)
The first two were heavier at 1700kg and the 612dt is1620kg
Hope I,ve got ot right!!!!

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes kev thats the adria badged as fleetwood 642 up is 1700kg all up4 berth but longer a8.35 the 612dt is 1620 kg and a 6 berth 7.98 in lenght the 642 up has slide along beds at back so they can be singles or a double . Have alook at the altea 542 dk 6 berth at only 1300kgs or altea 542 dt at 1300kgs less than £12k.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Cheers Forest, thanks for keep coming back.
You've sorted my brain out know and have decided it will be a fixed bed so that puts the altea out of the equation. Plus we like the feeling of the space with the side dinette and not full of wardrobes/cupbboards on the side of the van.
So it will be something like one of the 3 mentioned above, but it wont be new as the finances wont go to £15 to 16 grand!!!
I did phone that dealer today and yes it was sold --My own fault
Any way the bigger the van the more space to store crocs, and the saucepan lids can have there own cupboard
smiley-smile.gif

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Give venture caravans a call and see what back stock they have just to see what price range there is i know its not local but they seem to beat most for price when i was looking .,highebridge deal with adria .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just an update for FG been looking all week on the net, phoning around been to 3 dealers today, off to North Devon tomorrow to look at an Elddis Avante 626 same layout as the Adria, they also have the Bailey Ranger 620/6 but dont know if we fancy that one, And if that fails we are off to highbridge.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
forest gump said:
Trust me kev dont go elddis go adria.

Hey FG you were right about the Elddis did not like it at all, went Highbridge first and they only had brand new, out of my league I'm afraid. So off to North Devon looked at the Bailey, lovely mould spots all around the roof light, disgusting state,
Got talking to salesman and told him I wanted a Fleetwood Symphony, well cut a long storey short they had one in there storage compound that the guy wanted to sell, had look around out side and immaculate. but they had no keys so I'm Skiving off work on Thursday going back up to look around the inside etc etc.
Wish me luck I'm so excited
wet.gif
wet.gif
wet.gif

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Kev 2 local dealers one verey big one small are trying to shake off there elddis contract infact on has stopped already tthey say poor back up and build quality still hampers them i no loads on forum will say diffrent only stateing a dealers point off view.What adriamodle is it is it a adria in fleetwood badge is it the 2 single fixed beds or biger.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Forest understand about the elddis, just did not like it at all.
The model is the one back in the link I did earlier in the post, Fleetwood Badge, symphony sonata, single axle, fixed bed so the 612 dt model.
Cant watch the caravan channel cos I dont have any sky, virgin etc, just basic TV I'm afraid, I have got freeveiw though
smiley-laughing.gif

Two sleeps to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts