Flimsy waste pipe connection under sink in Swift Challenger 570

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi - this Saturday OH happened to notice 'bubbly water' (washing up water) coming down under the wheel arch of our caravan. On closer inspection the inside of the small cupboard under the sink, and the cupboard under the cooker were wet where the waste pipe had disconnected and leaked water! It may well be our fault as we have, up till now, stored plastic jugs and bowls on the floor in the small cupboard under the sink and OH thinks, as the connection was very flimsy, that the constant jiggling of said jugs and bowls whilst in transit, had caused the pipe to come apart.
Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a common issue? We emptied the cupboards and dried them out using a towel and left a blown air heater on low in the van all weekend, now it has our dehumidifier in it for 24 hours, as luckily, it had only just happened! We intend never to place anything on the floor of the small cupboard again, whilst travelling at least - or is there anything any of you forumites can suggest to stop this occuring? He has now sealed the waste pipe together and hopes that it won't occur again. I hope that the damp has now disappeared. A lesson well learnt for us I think but we would welcome comments/suggestions if this has happened to anyone else please? Thank you - Lisa and John.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ... OH used glue so good to know others have too!
smiley-smile.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had the pipe to the wash basin in the toilet compartment come adrift recently
I was getting the van ready for the first trip of the season and after putting some water in the tank purged the system of air by pumping water through as you do when I notice water coming from under the fixed bed in The Swift Challenger 570
The waste pipe under the washbasin was completely OFF and there is no drawer to knock it off as under the kitchen sink nor was there any jubilee clip etc to hold the flexible pipe in place(there is now)
More swift quick assembly with no regard to serviceability
smiley-frown.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep, happened with us in our old Bailey Discovery- only with us the sink water came out through the grill. It was very awkward to re-attach. We had to unscrew the sink and lift it out slightly so that my wife could get her hands in and stick it back on. My hands were far too big to fit inside. We obviously did a proper job though, as it never leaked again. Just wish that Bailey had secured it properly in thr first place. Best wishes, butler.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
We had the same problem with our Charisma 590. The cutlery draw under the sink pushes the pipe off the connector if the draw is pushed back too far.
Our latest problem is still to do with the waste pipe under the caravan from the kitchen sink in as much as it has either perished or stones from the road have hit it as it is leaking in at least 3 places. I will have to either tape it or replace it

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Isn't this an indictment of our caravan industry? Glossy brochures, more and more fittings, and miserable payloads yet they cannot connect two bits of pipe together! Still firmly of the opinion that its still a cottage industry, but that's probably unfair to those businesses that come under that title and DO produce high quality products.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts