fuelling off the autoroute

May 21, 2016
Visit site
We have found that to save money when buying fuel especially if you are using petrol. is to use the french government site " Prix de carbauants" look up towns along your route and there are plenty of fuel stations close to the autoroute where you can get your fuel at normal prices. The fuel site includes a local map showing the filling stn and prices which are very regulary updated earlier this month diesel was around euro 1.04 per Lt. it also covers belgium as well I believe.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
An interesting idea that could work. The only thing that might worry me is that some of these will be supermarkets and one or two might be too narrow for a caravan to get through as some I have visited have been very restricted although others would be no problem.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A couple of times using supermarket ones I have been waved through to the commercial pumps.
But I try to have enough fuel to get to our next night stop, which we normally stop at just after 2pm. Then go and refuel at a supermarket.
All depends on how quickly you need to get to a place.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
A couple of times using supermarket ones I have been waved through to the commercial pumps.
But I try to have enough fuel to get to our next night stop, which we normally stop at just after 2pm. Then go and refuel at a supermarket.
All depends on how quickly you need to get to a place.

Exactly what we do. Once we've pitched for our overnight we head off to find a supermarket and after refuelling we usually have a wander round the nearest town. We find it makes the journey to our main destination more of a "touring" type of holiday. A full tank will last me all the following day as I limit myself to less than 300 miles a day now I'm semi-retired and have more time. :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts