Getting advice

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I use this forum, my favoured one, about things. I also use UK campsites, , But which other Caravan websites do you regulary use? And which do you find best for replys.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I use this forum, my favoured one, about things. I also use UK campsites, under the Name of Santa Fe RMK, But which other Caravan websites do you regulary use? And which do you find best for replys.
Traitor 😝 :love:πŸ˜‚

I only use this one, only as my time is too precious to spend on tinternet too long.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcloughie and Hutch
Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
I use this one, although I've posted for the first time today after lurking for a couple of years. I also follow a couple of Eriba forums, the two club sites and UK campsite where I have posted the most.
I generally find this and the UK campsite forums the most helpful and generally the least argumentative!

Reactions: Parksy and Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I like this forum very interesting subjects and UK Campsite looking at Adult parks on CL(Service pitch) and statics for rent send messages very quick replies but I do like Pitchup they show all the details and what they have .and you can put the date in you are after .

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I use this one and the Insignia Drivers Forum. Post the about the same on both, excellent advise on the repair and maintenance on my motor and van from both.

And of course everything I need to know about nose weight from P.C :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I use this forum, my favoured one, about things. I also use UK campsites, under the Name of Santa Fe RMK, But which other Caravan websites do you regulary use? And which do you find best for replys.
Hi,
I generally use this one,although -
1. It doesn't take long for posts to "wander" away from the original subject
and
2, You usually never see a conclusion to a posted problem
I suppose all similar web sites have the same problem.

Reactions: Hutch and JezzerB

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Swift Group , Mercedes Forum , Practical Caravan , UK Campsite more for Site locations rather than info. Youtube is a fantastic tool for anything related to everything. Find it very useful......
On CT for a while but ended up getting a Red Card...:(:censored::D.....

GAS ...

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Swift Group , Mercedes Forum , Practical Caravan , UK Campsite more for Site locations rather than info. Youtube is a fantastic tool for anything related to everything. Find it very useful......
On CT for a while but ended up getting a Red Card...:(:censored::D.....

GAS ...
That must have taken some doing 😱

Reactions: GAS
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I only use this forum. That is enough of my time. I was on CT for a few years, can be very informative, but also very argumentative. I was thrown off without discussion when my security software chaged my settings to block adverts by default, without my knowledge. My security software provider stated that they had made the error, but CT were not interested. I see it as their loss.

Very happy with Practical Caravan and it’s moderation, but wish there were more active contributors.

I dip into Volvo forums and Diabeties UK as needed.

John

Reactions: Hutch and Buckman
Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I only use this forum. That is enough of my time. I was on CT for a few years, can be very informative, but also very argumentative. I was thrown off without discussion when my security software chaged my settings to block adverts by default, without my knowledge. My security software provider stated that they had made the error, but CT were not interested. I see it as their loss.

Very happy with Practical Caravan and it’s moderation, but wish there were more active contributors.

I dip into Volvo forums and Diabeties UK as needed.

John
Hi John how many volvo's have you had? i am now on my 7th
145, 245x2 760gle v40, 480, and at present xc70 would reccommend volvo to anyone fantastic tow car
i also use volvo forum

Martin

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
This V70 is my first. Only a D3 but pulls 1500kg like a train. Very happy with it. I fancy a S90 or V90 but some good and bad reports for towing. Anyway, too much money so will have to dream.

John

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
my Dad had a C70 with the T5 engine. Towed a Bailey Pageant S7 Champagne with it.
Got some odd looks towing with the roof down, but it was a great tow car (and fun when you unhitched :devilish: )

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
This V70 is my first. Only a D3 but pulls 1500kg like a train. Very happy with it. I fancy a S90 or V90 but some good and bad reports for towing. Anyway, too much money so will have dream.

John
thanks John for replying there is a guy on caravantalk who tows with a v90 swears by it best thing since sliced bread and one of my neighbours fathers has a v60 says he has had no trouble with it ,it appears that most people who tow with volvo's swear by them personally only towed with 245',s v40,xc70 present towcar and 760 . was going along the M25 with the 760 towing a 1984 award tristar thought a bit strange why am i passing everybody else looked at speedo 85mph didn't even realise slowed down straight away such a powerful car but now bit like yourself would like a v90 but not paying silly money for one .

Martin

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
thanks John for replying there is a guy on caravantalk who tows with a v90 swears by it best thing since sliced bread and one of my neighbours fathers has a v60 says he has had no trouble with it ,it appears that most people who tow with volvo's swear by them personally only towed with 245',s v40,xc70 present towcar and 760 . was going along the M25 with the 760 towing a 1984 award tristar thought a bit strange why am i passing everybody else looked at speedo 85mph didn't even realise slowed down straight away such a powerful car but now bit like yourself would like a v90 but not paying silly money for one .

Martin

It might be that the problems I have read with the v90 might be confined to the self levelling version with the electrical deploying tow bar. I have also read good reports.

The S90 tends to be a little cheaper.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We were big Volvo fans until we bought a S80. Great tow car and very comfortable, but the gearbox was diabolical. It would hunt for gears at time and that can be very worrying. Apparently it was a Ford gearbox and it was a know fault with the software that they could not resolve. After 18 months took a heavy hit and traded it in for a much older Toyota Hilux Surf and never looked back.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We were big Volvo fans until we bought a S80. Great tow car and very comfortable, but the gearbox was diabolical. It would hunt for gears at time and that can be very worrying. Apparently it was a Ford gearbox and it was a know fault with the software that they could not resolve. After 18 months took a heavy hit and traded it in for a much older Toyota Hilux Surf and never looked back.

Unless your old Volvo pre dates this. S80’s and all Volvos 2.0 litre or more, used Asian boxes.

I don’t know how long they have been using them, but it is certainly a long time. If it was a problem, it is not now. Mine never misses a beat. I am considering doing an oil change this year. But itβ€˜s sealed for life.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Unless your old Volvo pre dates this. S80’s and all Volvos 2.0 litre or more, used Asian boxes.

I don’t know how long they have been using them, but it is certainly a long time. If it was a problem, it is not now. Mine never misses a beat. I am considering doing an oil change this year. But itβ€˜s sealed for life.

John
My 2010 XC70 had an Aisin box, and that model of car was designed under Ford’s ownership. Aisin are a well respected gearbox, and mine was excellent.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

John
It was a 2004 model so not sure what gearbox they were using, but they had loads of complaints about the gearbox. Otherwise a great car and our first tow car.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I generally use this one,although -
1. It doesn't take long for posts to "wander" away from the original subject
and
2, You usually never see a conclusion to a posted problem
I suppose all similar web sites have the same problem.
Not bad I suppose 11 postings before it diverted to talk about Volvos. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Not bad I suppose 11 postings before it diverted to talk about Volvos. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚

Apologies for my part. But I did answer the question. πŸ₯΄.

Probably very wrongly, but thread drift does not bother me so much, particularly with less serious topics as it’s often just banter. Conversations in pubs stray just the same.

John

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts