Glastonbury Festival

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone taken a tourer to Glastonbury Festival?
We don't think we could do a tent, especially with the bad luck they seem to have every year with rain/mud.
As it's so closely associated with tents, we wondered if the caravan pitches were a bit isolated and too far out of the way.
We appreciate that there isn't EHU, showers etc but just feel that a soft bed, running water, your own loo etc, make it a more appealing way to tick something off the bucket list.
Jo

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........I went there but never left my living room courtesy of the BBC :cheer:

Large screen TV and surround sound that's the way to go!!

Blondie were magnificent..........

Debby Harry and the boys spat out rock and roll as if it was the easiest thing in the World to achieve live on stage.
They looked to be really enjoying themselves........awsome :cheer:

For any other fans out there........Blondie at Glastonbury 2014

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been myself but if you Click Here and follow the various links the information for caravanners is there. From the map that I've seen the on-site caravan parks are not far from the entrance gates.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
:Living 10 miles line of sight from Worthy Farm, i suggest you do not need to be much closer to hear the'music' but of course not to see the attractions however large (particularly this year)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
RayS said:
:Living 10 miles line of sight from Worthy Farm, i suggest you do not need to be much closer to hear the'music' but of course not to see the attractions however large (particularly this year)

It's not called The Pyramid Stage for nothing Ray ;)

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Nothing to do with the condition of the roads then :whistle:

214170_uneven_surface_road_sign.jpg

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
..........anyway Steve in my head that road sign always means "Large Lady Ahead".

BTW
......I worked out that two people going to Glastonbury for the 2014 Festival with their caravan would have needed to buy tickets costing £515.00 just to cover their entrance costs. :whistle:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
That's a serious amount of money for a weekend :dry:
I think I'll stick to watching the bits that I like on tv and skipping the stuff that doesn't appeal to me.
It won't be long now until our annual trip to a much more civilised music festival. It's in an outdoor arena but instead of a mosh pit we sit on camping chairs sipping wine and picnicking while listening or dancing to tunes of a slower age.
The Twinwood Festival is one of the best retro music festivals in Europe, there are about 2000 caravans, motorhomes and tents there and it's far less expensive than Glastonbury.

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi Parksy
We're going to Twinwood for the first time this year - looking forward to it!
Also going to Cropredy (for the 4th time) which is a couple of weeks earlier. The sheer size (let alone most of the music!) puts us off Glastonbury.

Mike

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You'll enjoy Twinwood Mike, this year will be our 12th consecutive visit.
We'll be there on Thursday among the coffin dodgers (front row of the disabled pitches) on Campsite A not far from the entrance to the arena. Our caravan will have a RAF flag on the flagpole which is lit up at night so come and say hi if you see us.
Fellow forumite Deli Dave will be meeting us there.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
We will be close if not next door. :) We take chairs and a little table for the refreshments if you are a distance from the arena you can always leave them in the awning if you want.We have an England flag and a scaredy cat on our pole.
There was another forumite as well last year I thought,might be mistaken

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts