glue mark on ceiling

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. My wife and I are choosing a caravan (first timers, though she has lots of family caravanning experience). We've found a 2004 Abbey Freestyle that we like and is a good price, but there's a line of brown marking on the ceiling, about a foot in from the door side of the caravan. The dealer told us that it was a glue mark from the manufacturing process, and a damp meter test has not shown up any problems. The ceiling is firm, the van has been serviced regularly, and the dealer has included a warrantee including against damp. That mark is bothering me though - does anyone have experience of glue marking the ceiling like this?

Thanks!

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi, we had a 2004 freestyle[excellent reliable 'van] and never had this problem or have ever heard of it before, there are many freestyles or aventurers on the market to choose from. my advice would be do not buy a 'van thats bothering you, the mark will not get less noticable. be patient and buy the van you are happy with.

good luck its a great hobby

kindest regards

ray

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ray - yes, we stepped back from it as even if it's nothing sinister, we still don't want to sit there wondering about it! We're keeping our powder dry for something we're happy with.

All the best,

Nicholas

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts